[WIP] Sanctuary - 3D, turn-based, custom party, FRPG

JMab

Watchdog
Hello Watchers,

I'd like to announce my work-in-progress RPG, Sanctuary. I have a game info/development blog at:

http://www.cloudninegames.net

Sanctuary is a 3D Fantasy Role-Playing Game. A cabal of merchant lords has sent out a plea for help from any adventuring parties that will heed their call. Their trade of harvesting plants from the nearby Vengarth Swamp to turn into medicinal and magical compounds has been threatened by the opening of an abandoned temple in the middle of the swamp, by a group of harvesters. Their disappearance, and the disappearance of many of their fellows, has forced the cabal to turn to desperate measures… you!

Your party will battles vile monsters, devious lords and fellow adventuring parties during their quest to win the rewards on offer by the cabal. By assembling and building a party of adventurers skilled in combat, magic, stealth and diplomacy, you will have a chance to best the denizens of Sanctuary!

NOTE: THE SCREENSHOTS BELOW WILL SHOW CHARACTERS IN THEIR UNDERWEAR. THIS IS BECAUSE I HAVEN'T CREATED THE CLOTHES AND ARMOR YET!

Your overground and underground adventures are all rendered in full 3D, allowing for convoluted twists, turns, secrets and physics-based challenges.

InGame.png

You can create as many custom characters as you like, and add up to six in your adventuring party. There are 7 playable races available; Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf, Halfling, Half-Orc or Human. There are 11 playable classes available; Barbarian, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Fighter, Monk, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Sorcerer and Wizard. Combine those with the hundreds of feats, skills and spells available and you can build a powerful and complementary adventuring party capable of taking on all challenges!

CharacterPool.png

The Sanctuary uses Open Game Content, licensed under the Open Gaming License v1.0a. This means a wealth of character attributes, feats, skills and spells will be familiar to millions of gamers. In addition to the stat-based representation of your characters, a complex visual customization system is available, allowing you to get the look of your characters just right.

CreateCharacter.png

I'm happy to take any feedback on anything related to the game. Current status is very early alpha.

Here’s my test character, Grog the Surly (resident Barbarian) modeling a new Chain shirt. The armor types in the game are: Padded, Leather, Studded leather, Chain shirt, Hide, Scale mail, Chainmail, Breastplate, Split mail, Banded mail, Half-plate and Full plate.

ChainmailShirt.png

Looking good, keep it up!

One thing though - I would be careful about posting screenshots of things you haven't made yourself (like the 3d view above). I totally understand the need for using "borrowed" test assets during development, but here you post them in a way where it seems like it's part of your game and something you made...

Looking good, keep it up!

One thing though - I would be careful about posting screenshots of things you haven't made yourself (like the 3d view above). I totally understand the need for using "borrowed" test assets during development, but here you post them in a way where it seems like it's part of your game and something you made...
Fair point. I put this note on my site:

For this post, I’ve borrowed a map called The Palace of Orinthalian, from GearTech Games. This shows my test party (in chainmail onesies!) at different elevations and able to be partially covered by different environmental features.

(I linked to GearTech Games)

I should have included note in this forum also. This map won't appear in the final game.

I actually posted that in response to a query on RPGCodex about whether the game was a 3D tactical view, or a blobber. I was looking for a map to show the characters in a 3D environment at different elevations.

My own Blender skills are still a work in progress, but improving all the time! I should be using my own maps only in future...

Back
Top Bottom