Indie RPGs - The Quest - A dungeon crawling overhaul

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Indie Retro News reports on The Quest getting a visual overhaul courtesy of RedShift Games.

Through last month I've been keeping an eye on Redshift Games Facebook page about the latest developments for their hi-res overhaul of the original dungeon crawling classic ' The Quest '. Well today we've been informed by our good friend Dan that this side stepping RPG, which is coming to the PC and iPAD looks even more impressive with the latest screenshots released by Redshift Games; makers of The Legacy, The Quest, Hero of Lukomorye, Mithril Horde, Escape from Asteroids and many others!
QPC-shot16.jpg

Caution is advised

QPC-shot21.jpg

A wizardly wizard

More information.

It's an ok game I played on my ipad....good little dungeon crawler.

It needs properly placed shadows. That shadowless outdoor scene with the wizard looks too flat.

I think they are buying art from an asset store, that art does not fit together!

I enjoyed this way back on my HP iPAQ - but I'm not sure it's really worth it on PC, as it would seem quite primitive - even if they shine it up a little.

Then again, this is the Watch - where ancient quirky RPG throwbacks thrive ;)

I want this! Looks perfect for SurfacePro gaming.

I have the Windows version of the game I got back in about 2009. Pretty good for what it is.

I enjoyed this way back on my HP iPAQ - but I'm not sure it's really worth it on PC, as it would seem quite primitive - even if they shine it up a little.

Then again, this is the Watch - where ancient quirky RPG throwbacks thrive ;)

So you think its my type of game, do you?

This looks good - are there any other new "old style" turn-based dungeon crawlers? Like for example M&MX ? All i know have cartoonish gfx or are more JRPG style and i cant get over that

Thank You Raggie&forgottenlor - ive played most of the old ones (the GoG list) and i am waiting for starcrawlers to come put (still EA) so i was hoping i have missed something (i skipped LoG since it is realtime) I was thinking about Lord of Xulima - and will try that but i have heard that it is too grindy (also it is not First Person Dungeon Crawl)

Thank You Raggie&forgottenlor - ive played most of the old ones (the GoG list) and i am waiting for starcrawlers to come put (still EA) so i was hoping i have missed something (i skipped LoG since it is realtime) I was thinking about Lord of Xulima - and will try that but i have heard that it is too grindy (also it is not First Person Dungeon Crawl)

Exploration is 3rd person (like Heroes of Might and Magic) and battle is in first person and feels a lot like a turn based Might and Magic or Wizardry game. I'm not sure its more grindy than Might and Magic X. There are lots of random fights you can avoid (by running or using camoflage), but it is very long. I'm by no means a completionist (I like finishing games, which means avoiding unnecessary repetitive content) and it took me over 60 hours to finish _(about the same time as it took me to finish POE).

It certainly is better than MMX. It is a game with actual clever design and personality rather than this generic, obnoxious Ashan monstrosity.

Back
Top Bottom