Space Hulk - Steam pre-order!

It seems to be very faithful to the pen and paper game from previews. The developers are actually active on the Steam forums answering people's questions.

My only issue with this is the cost (£22.99) which I think is expensive and higher than earlier claimed by the developer/publisher (full control are both).

My other miner issue is that the promised level editor will come 'after' game release (which again contrary to what they originally promised). That immediately tells me that there will be DLCs (they have confirmed this) to milk this franchise.

It really is a bit expensive. At 10-15€ I would consider buying it soon, at 28€, I'm going to wait for a deep discount. The boardgame that this game is based on is one of the best rules-light 2 player games I've ever played (I have my copy of it proudly displayed in my game-shelf), but I'm not willing to pay that much for a computer adaptation of it.
I just find it a shame that they don't have the old genestealer design, I just like it a lot more than the new one. (That is the design that was used in the old Space Hulk editions, and that was present during 2nd & 3rd edition 40k, not the very first design)

Got to agree with you there Fnord, 28 euro is twice what I'm willing to pay for a digital board game. Hell, Alien Assault is free and is more or less the same thing sans the dialed up to 11 grimdark 40k atmosphere.

Looks good, but I'll wait for Steam's Winter sale hopefully for $10

A conversion of a super simplistic boardgame at that price?

Nah, not my thing.

I loved the 1993 game and was one of favourites. But I also think and share the view with others here (and many more on the Steam forum for this game) that the asking price is high. Especially since this is an indie production and and pre-order incentives are a joke.

That is a rather high price. I'll probably wait and see what the price end up being on the Ipad instead, since it's likely to be much cheaper. The Ipad is a better board game platform anyway.

Back
Top Bottom