NWN Vault is gone

EridanusKnight

Watcher
NWN Vault is down again (and possibly permanently this time)

It seems that IGN have finally shut down the NWN Vault. The URL now redirects people to the IGN Wiki page for NWN so I think this is final unlike when it happened last year.

The New Vault (which was established in preparation of this) has 40,000 + files uploaded so far:

http://neverwintervault.net/

And then of course there's Moddb (where I've been hosting my mods):

http://www.moddb.com/games/neverwinter-nights

It is still possible to access the NWN Vault from the Wayback machine but I can't seem to be able to download anything by it:

http://web.archive.org/web/20131104140659/http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=scripts

This isn't the end of NWN's modding community. Now they just have to adapt and move to other sites which most recent modders (myself included) have already done.

Last edited:
Gone, but not forgotten. My all-time favorite cRPG memories were playing user-made modules for NWN1. I'm seriously hoping that the toolset for Divinity Orginal Sin is as easy to work with as the one for NWN which should encourage a new Renaissance in fan missions for RPGs. Here's hopin'.

Gone, but not forgotten. My all-time favorite cRPG memories were playing user-made modules for NWN1. I'm seriously hoping that the toolset for Divinity Orginal Sin is as easy to work with as the one for NWN which should encourage a new Renaissance in fan missions for RPGs. Here's hopin'.

Agreed.

I look forward to dabbling in the Divine toolset myself but at the moment I'm occupied with the base game which has been great so far.

Since this is the most recent NWN thread...

Does anyone play the Diamond Edition (GOG version)? It's running painfully slow for me. Especially the premium modules (like Infinite Dungeons or Pirates of the Sword Coast), but the main campaign and expansions don't fare much better.

The original Diamond edition was terrible. I'm not familiar with the GoG version of it though.

A group of volunteers are working to stand up the old IGN Vault content on the neverwintervault.org site, but it's going to take a while to make headway. In the meantime, if you have any specific needs, there are forum threads where you can post a request:
Most of the IGN Vault content is available; it's just a matter of digging it out and standing up the project pages.

Since this is the most recent NWN thread…

Does anyone play the Diamond Edition (GOG version)? It's running painfully slow for me. Especially the premium modules (like Infinite Dungeons or Pirates of the Sword Coast), but the main campaign and expansions don't fare much better.

Make certain to set CPU affinity to use just one core if you're on a multi-core system.

Make certain to set CPU affinity to use just one core if you're on a multi-core system.

Thanks, the game is already set to do that (GOG's work?). I tried this on Divine Divinity and it somewhat worked there though (I was having the same problem there).

I've played some NWN Diamond from gog. I don't remember any problems with it.

Me neither.

I didn't do the easiest thing and turn on compatibility. That helped quite a bit. It's still pretty laggy, and turning off desktop composition didn't help either. I have the same problem with Divine Divinity.

I didn't do the easiest thing and turn on compatibility. That helped quite a bit. It's still pretty laggy, and turning off desktop composition didn't help either. I have the same problem with Divine Divinity.

I experienced performance problems with Neverwinter Nights on a PC that was plenty powerful enough to play it maxed out. It's a while, but if my memory serves me right this is how I solved it:

If you have a NVIDIA graphics card:
1. Open NVIDIA control panel
2. Click on "Manage 3D settings"
3. In features - select "Multi-display/Mixed GPU acceleration"
4. In Settings select "Single display performance mode" (mine was set to multi-display even though I've only ever had one monitor connected)

This may not work for you, but it's worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom