Fable Anniversary - Released on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Fable Anniversary is now avaiable on Steam with three new DLC packs.

Fable Anniversary is launching on Steam today! We've been working hard since February to not only bring the game to PC but to also make it sound better, look better and most importantly play better than ever before.

hookcoasttower_498x180.jpg

With updated sound design, advanced graphics settings and the all new Heroic Mode, we’ve crammed as much spit* and polish into the game as possible. (*not real spit)

*WARNING* - Heroic Mode is really hard! Lionhead are not responsible for any swearing, tantrums or table flipping that may occur during play.

Finally one of the most exciting features we have just announced is official modding support. Shipping with a version of the UE3 Editor, everyone is going to be able to edit any of the existing art and animation in the game. This means that anything our artists and animators can do, you can to. (Can someone please create robot chickens just so we can shut Craig up?!)
More information.

Now if someone can mod in actual npc interaction and take out the farting maybe I will play the game.

EDIT: looks like the mod kit is useless.

Can't make a silk purse from a sow's ear...

Well I bought it, and I enjoy playing it.:cool:

I seriously hope I don't become as jaded as some of our older members.o_O

I'm talking about Fable 3 only Couch.

I'm talking about Fable 3 only Couch.
Carry on then as that game was a huge disappointment from Peter. I wonder if they will ever patch out GFWL? It's a shame I had to use a third party program.

I enjoyed the first two games, and I'm disappointed Fable 2 never got a PC release.

In the video on the store page, they actually refer to it as "one of the best role playing games of all time" :roll: Now that's funny.

The price is a joke. $35 for a 10 year old game because it has improved textures and they added achievements? The DLC is a joke as well - two packs of weapons and outfits for $10 and $15.

People bitched about Baldur's Gate EE being $20, but that was the deal of the century compared to this.

Someone has strong feelings towards this game ;)

JDR is too much of a man for this kind of fairy tale! No Joel superheroes to be found anywhere.

Hehe, just messing with ya.

The price is, indeed, ridiculous.

But I found myself a cheap key which I couldn't resist. I never played the added content to the original version (Fable Legends or whatever?), which wasn't a big deal - but I thought what the hell, since this is shinier.

It's a charming game that's quite enjoyable if you don't get worked up about the hype and the classically innocent approach to story telling.

I think it was their proclamation that it's one of the greatest RPGs of all time. It's impossible for me to not be annoyed when I see such pure bunk being spouted. :)

I don't hate the game, but it's average at best.

I'll probably even purchase this version eventually just to try that new Heroic Mode. There's no way I'd pay more than $20 for it though.

It was featured in various sales even before it's release no doubt it'll be a cheap grab soon

I will be happy if someone manages to put a decent save system in this series, once I was forced to repeat all the tournament part of the main quest because of a bug almost in the ending which turned my opponent invulnerable...

I think it was their proclamation that it's one of the greatest RPGs of all time. It's impossible for me to not be annoyed when I see such pure bunk being spouted. :)

I don't hate the game, but it's average at best.

I'll probably even purchase this version eventually just to try that new Heroic Mode. There's no way I'd pay more than $20 for it though.

Well, I have to agree - that's a pretty ridiculous claim.

I'd say it was slightly above average, as I quite enjoyed myself - but I can easily see how it's not for everyone.

From what I hear, the Heroic mode seems a bit "hard just because" - with enemies getting a ton of hit points and what not. I prefer another way of increasing challenge, but I'll try it out.

I changed my mind after playing and realizing it doesn't even have proper mouse support. Thanks to Metacritic ,and the low-scoring reviews I finally know why.
This has to be a joke. Someone please tell me the developers are playing a seriously out of date April Fool's prank on PC gamers? While the game LOOKS beautiful with the updated graphics they took a PC game with proper PC controls, ported it to a console control interface and then ported it right back to PC with a hideous console port controls setup. Seriously? No mouse support for menus? A, B, W, A, S, D, Tab, Insert, Home and End keys to navigate the game with no remapping allowed? WTH?

To top it off, this is the official developer's response when questioned about the lack of proper keyboard and mouse support:

Oman [developer] 7 hours ago
We would have loved to add mouse support to the menu but we reached a point in the project where it was either going to be modding support or adding features such as mouse support in the menus. We chose modding.

They apparently consider an appropriate PC UI to be a "feature" and not a necessity. This would have gotten at least an 8 or 9 because it does have much better graphics but they apparently have no clue about what is needed for a PC interface for a game. Stay away from this and stick with the original if you want proper controls. Should they fix the controls scheme I am willing to re-review this game. As it stands, the controls scheme and lack of remapping is intolerable for a PC game.
I also love the perfect ten reviews in the User Score section.

Link - http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fable-anniversary/user-reviews

Update: Steam also has a forty page thread full of angry rants that I agree with.

Link - http://steamcommunity.com/app/288470/discussions/0/613936039447875434/#p32

Last edited:
From what I hear, the Heroic mode seems a bit "hard just because" - with enemies getting a ton of hit points and what not. I prefer another way of increasing challenge, but I'll try it out.

Here's the full description of Heroic Mode.

They've also lessened the amount of XP and gold you receive, given some enemies new weapons, reduced the availability of potions, and changed when and where some enemies will spawn.

I'm not sure if those changes actually make the game more challenging though or just more tedious.

Here's the full description of Heroic Mode.

They've also lessened the amount of XP and gold you receive, given some enemies new weapons, reduced the availability of potions, and changed when and where some enemies will spawn.

I'm not sure if those changes actually make the game more challenging though or just more tedious.

Yeah, it sounds like something I'd absolutely hate to have on.

The game is too straightforward for me to seek challenge.

I just enjoy the atmosphere and the pleasant delivery of a classic fairy tale. The combat is fun in an over-the-top sort of way, but I don't think I'd ever want to waste my time with Heroic mode.

For me, it's much more interesting to find the answers to the Demon Door puzzles. That's the kind of challenge I can really enjoy these days. Exploration and old-fashioned word riddles.

LOL@ no proper mouse support. That's just plain insulting, seriously. Keep your junk off pc's if you consider mouse support a "feature". Even though I'll never play this one, I'm offended.

"Inventory system is made by aliens":

:D

Back
Top Bottom