Hello, everyone!

SirDeity

Watchdog
It has been a long time since I've been around these forums. I sort of found a home on steam with the friendlist/chat and user-friendly community functionality. Anyway, I just found out that Gothic 4 is in the works and it reminded me of these forums. I used to post a lot back when this community was still rpgdot.com. Does anyone remember that?

I just wanted to say hello to the community here. I suspect I'll be around more often when Gothic 4 is released. Oh, and I couldn't help but notice there is a forum for The Witcher. That RPG game was also a great one. I was grateful for the experience that I contacted one of the developers and expressed my thanks. To my surprise, he actually responded! That reminds me of something else... I haven't been keeping myself up-to-date with the whole Piranha Bytes or Gothic development team. Is it still Pirahna Bytes developing the Gothic series or is it someone new now? I notice from the video trailor that the hero in Gothic 4 looks different than the one in the previous Gothic games. Why the change? Also, does KaiRo still visit the community? Is he still the sound guy working for Pirahna Bytes on the Gothic series? I remember exchanging some emails with him some years ago. He was a very nice guy.

Anyway, if anyone remembers me, don't forget to reply and say hello =)

ROFL I completely forgot about that signature… haha, seems a bit silly now but I'll leave it up for sentimental reasons ;) Btw, my name is "[GoE]SirDeity" if anyone wants to friendslist me on steam.

Last edited:
SD, Have you played Risen, which is the 'real' Gothic 4 by PB? The other Gothic 4, is by a different dev.

OMG Thank you!!!! I'm ordering it right now off steam! I should be playing it tonight. Just out of curiosity, how would you rate Risen compared to the other 3 Gothic games and why is it called something different?

Hey, long time no see!

Risen is similar to the first two Gothics. Just a bit more accessible and less buggy. Good game. The main point of criticism is the enormous amount of complex dungeons in the 2nd half. I don't agree with that. A lot of old school RPG fans wanted to have huge dungeons. Now they've got them, even in very good quality, and they're still complaining.

Check out our review for more details.

Yeah, if you loved G1 and G2, you'll love Risen as well.

And... hey, hello! :D

Back
Top Bottom