The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

What is ML7 etc. ?

BTA is "bound to account", I've guessed that already. ;)

Chainmail of Invulnerability, crafted

Did a similar thing, but with Mithral. Or how this stuff is called.

Remember, you can craft most items with 1 prefix and 1 suffix
- but I assume that you know that already. Plus, you can add an +1 for example additional to that. And you already know tthis as well. ;)

My last thing was - I hope I get this right in English - a shield made of Mithral, having a +1 protection (I'd prefer a +2, but I'm not high enough for that yet), and a "+1 natural armor" thing. And then a I think it was a +1 crafted to it as well.

If you go online and remind me, I'll sent the item's description into the chat window, where it becomes automatically translated, as far as I know.

What doesn't yet work as I intended it to be was helmets and the like. I think they can receive only things for skills. Errm, how do I call it ?

Especially on really high levels, imho fairly incredible things can be crafted. Complete immunity to poison, for example.

But that items can remain bound to account is very interesting, indeed. Thank you.

Did the very first part of Delera's Tomb this night. Kind of creepy to hear Mr. Gygax voice himself as the DM/GM ... I think he is DM/GM in the "Dead Girl's Quest", too. The voice sounds similar.

I often think it sounds a bit ... "unnatural" to me, to be able to listen to the voices of people who are long deceased. I know, it's a very personal feeling, but I just can't get the impression out of my head that it feels ... "unnatural". Perhaps this is a very archaic feeling, thousands of years old ?

ML = Minimum level. ML7 = Minimum Level 7.

Yeah, I just never have bothered to craft anything else on that armor. Been meaning to put Lifeshield on it. But then later on I'll need to ditch it entirely for light armor, so I can keep my evasion. Maybe I'll be high enough to use my Crimson Chain instead.

I often think it sounds a bit … "unnatural" to me, to be able to listen to the voices of people who are long deceased. I know, it's a very personal feeling, but I just can't get the impression out of my head that it feels … "unnatural". Perhaps this is a very archaic feeling, thousands of years old ?

I've been thinking about this and it occurred to me that there is a int towards in in languge :

The German word "verschollen" means hat someone is lost. Declared lost & dead at the same time, so to say.

I believed that this word came from the German word "Scholle", which means a place of soil/earth where one is bound to. Typically farmers, typically a bondsman.
The word "Scholle" is rather ancient and hardly ever used nowadays. It survived, however, in the word "Eisscholle", which is a usually flat piece of ice which is floating on a river. Or is lying around elsewhere, but it is a piece and flat.

But last year I learned that "verschollen" rather comes from - or so I was told - from the word Schall, which means "sound", like the sound in the "sound waves" -> "Schall-Wellen".

According to this, "verschollen" means hat someone is "verschollen" becuse no-one has heard from that person for a long time. No information, no sound.

When I follow this thought-model, then someone who is dead, but still can be heard through let's say Vinyl recordings, then this person is present in a curious state of "undeadness", so to say. The person is deaed, but the voice can be heard - this reminds me of the "possible" Fate Of Schrödinger's Cat.

I'm not good at crafting unless I can use a planner and just put together ingredients listed in a planner. How do you know what you need for the crafting with essences?

Usually the crafting machine in the K… crafting hall tells you.

Unlike the Eldridch Machines, these have good lists, and list every needed item.

Eldridch Machines do not do this. It would be trial & error for them.

The house K crafting is set up much like the device in Lordsmarsh Plaza. You can just click and get all recipes or if you have an item you want to craft, put that in and see what you can do to it. Those will be limited based on your skill and the item. Once you craft an item you can add to it and that option may not show. Not sure, I stopped crafting once I saw Jo, Dte and Azz were putting more time in. Easier to just let them have all essences, (which it takes millions to get to the high levels) and once they get their unbound skills up they can start making us stuff. I spent tons of essences, items and hours and did not even get one forth the skill levels in each type to be useful.

The house K crafting is set up much like the device in Lordsmarsh Plaza.

Yes, but not like the market place machine. Or the one at The Twelve. Or the altar in the Red Fens, for example.
These machines don't display any list, not that I'd know of. Or have I overlooked something ?

The house K crafting is set up much like the device in Lordsmarsh Plaza. You can just click and get all recipes or if you have an item you want to craft, put that in and see what you can do to it. Those will be limited based on your skill and the item. Once you craft an item you can add to it and that option may not show. Not sure, I stopped crafting once I saw Jo, Dte and Azz were putting more time in. Easier to just let them have all essences, (which it takes millions to get to the high levels) and once they get their unbound skills up they can start making us stuff. I spent tons of essences, items and hours and did not even get one forth the skill levels in each type to be useful.

Yep. I went through literally thousands just making random shards to get to levels 48 or so in each of the three schools. And I still can't make much unbound. Only a few things, like that Blood docent which you refuse to wear so you can be more of a burden on poor Jo's Favored Soul to heal, or maybe a Ghost Touch or Everbright shard. Minor things that help in the very low levels, but not much.

You just click the panel that comes up, and it brings up a list of shards you can make, what it costs to make, and the level needed.

Unbound stuff that would actually be useful to our TRs is going to require levels upwards of 100, well beyond what I have. And it gets increasingly expensive for the higher-end shards. Not only that, but you have to craft certain shards for items to be upgradable to the higher end effects as well; if you wanted a Holy silver of Greater Evil Outsider Bane weapon you'd have to spend about 750 essences just to prep the weapon before crafting the shards themselves.

Yep, when I realized the essence cost I figured my time was better spent donating to the crafting few. ;)

That's why I keep crafting only bound items. ;)

But that requires good planning as ell. What do I really want ?

On the positive side, even bound items can be "set to zero" again, in the deconstruction machine (I almost wrote "destruction machine", lol :lol: ! ).
But that only makes sense if you have enough spare essences, because of course everything will be destroyed, then.

I'd like to take the chance - by the way - to sincerely thank the person who has donated these greater essences into the guild chest … After no-one took them, I took them all. I thought that I had waited long enough to see if anyone else wants them.

By the way, don't be surprosed if you see low-level wizardry stuff in the guild chest : I often swap items there, which my ranger gets/finds (mostly from the Risia Ice Games right now), so that my Wizard can take them. ;)

Same goes for Shuriken and other throwing weapons, but you can really take them as well (and you can sell them, too, if you need money), because both of my toons don't really have much use for them.It's only that my Drow Wizard knows how to handle Shuriken, and my Elven Ranger does not.

Anything with a higher Wizard level of 5 can be taken freely, though.
When none of my both characters are logged in, you can normally expect me not to swap, then.

If you're using the guild chest as your account bank (which is fine), you might want to mention the items you're banking. When the chest starts getting full, one of the "guild crafters" will usually go in and clean out stuff that's either been in there a long time or doesn't look all that useful. Wouldn't want your stuff to mistakenly get torn down for essences.

Did a Shroud run with Bot over the weekend. They ran on hard. Wasn't quite as smooth as the first run. Had a few deaths (including yours truly), but overall we did OK. Didn't get many mats out of it.

Was going to get Wouldii's goggles started, but it turns out that I'm short 1 pebble to even make the blank. Did a rares run, got over half the rares to show up, got a grand total of 1 lily petal to go with the 12 I've already got. :( Will try again today or tomorrow.

If you're using the guild chest as your account bank (which is fine), you might want to mention the items you're banking. When the chest starts getting full, one of the "guild crafters" will usually go in and clean out stuff that's either been in there a long time or doesn't look all that useful. Wouldn't want your stuff to mistakenly get torn down for essences.

I'm more or less already aware of that. That's why I usually do it when no-one else is logged in.

Is there a way to "lock" items ? So no-one else can take them ? A few times I have seen items in the chest with a tiny locked lock symbol on them …

By the way, I have a tendency to take items that I've put into the chest after let's say 2 weeks of waiting. If no-one takes them after these 2 weeks, I'll take them "back" and sell them, I've decided. Didn't carry it out except for 1-3 times yet, though.

I've consciously left a few items longer in the chest because I figured that Corwin might want something (I really don't know what the precise needs of each toons are, to be honest, so I'm mostly guessing). But that has (dis)solved during the last days.

By the way, Lily Petals ? The ones like in Tangleroot Gorge ?
http://ddowiki.com/page/Lily_Petal
If you need some, I have around 70 from the plants in the Tangleroot Gorge …
Or do you need special ones ? Like these ? http://ddowiki.com/page/Lammanian_Lily_Petals

I'm talking Lammanian petals, but I don't need them. The blank takes 2 or 3 and I already had 12. It's the glistening pebbles that I'm short on. I'm sure some of the other guildies have a stack of them, but I want to make my own way with it, even if it's a little frustrating.

The lock symbol is just a carry-over from someone's personal inventory. You can lock (or junk) items in your own inventory. The game won't let you sell a locked item, but it will let you drop it in a chest/bank. Someone just left the lock on when they put that item in the guild chest. There's no way to lock an item in the guild chest.

Ah, okay, thanks.
And no, I'm sorry, but I have no pebbles.

The group has been putting essences in the guild chest for our crafters. If they are in there more than a few weeks it means help your self I guess. Those could not be locked I don't think, but putting the lock on would be one way of saying the item is reserved for someone. Would mean we all have to make sure to unlock items if not saving for someone in particular. Have to talk that one up a bit more....come up with a standard we all follow.

If you want them back, then I can put them back, of course.

Plus, I suggest that people write into this thread here if items are meant to be for someone special or for special purposes.

Of course I didn't know that you needed them for crafting.

If it's in the chest, it's open for anyone. There is an officer only chest available, but since we only have a few non-officers to speak of, and some of those are just alts, it's rather pointless.

As Dte said, what goes in the chest is likely to get pulled if it's not exceedingly useful or has been there awhile. Scrolls that sit awhile will also usually get pulled and dumped.

Dte, Pebbles, Funk, Fungus, and Twigs all drop in the Vale quests. Pebbles, IIRC, are in Coal Chamber and Sleeping Dust. Since Corwin is out again, maybe we can make a run through these quests this Friday, and get lucky. We should be able to get a chunk of xp for those needing it too, even if it'll be hurt somewhat by having 20's in the group. Plus, I'm not sure if Rhogu is flagged, if not we can get him flagged so you have three Shroud runners.

RhoGu isn't flagged yet.

I thought pebbles were also a rare chest drop?

I might have to leave for ~30mins in the middle of the session to play taxi. I haven't received my orders yet, but I'm pretty sure it's gonna happen.

Ah, Taxi. That's what I always did when my sister was still young ! ;)
(She's about 14 years younger than me.)

Back
Top Bottom