Magicka - German Retail Release

Their official site said a US retail release would occur on February 15th but since no retailer lists that yet I think they were mistaken. I am hoping to get a boxed copy here soon from somewhere.

German gaming magazines call it an "action RPG".

Cool magic system, decent amount of synergies and environmental interaction (freezing a pond to cross, casting greese, setting the greese on fire, casting rain to put yourself out cos u messed up big time, etc)

Id prefer WASD controls in an action game with lots of dodging required to live rather than die rolls. That way i could keep my target while walking backward rather than turning 180, running, turning back 180, thunderbolt for 5000, repeat.

The combat is pretty average but the fun factor does jump up about 50 times with more players. 4 players is almost too chaotic!

At $10 though its a cool little action game, with nice graphics and great effects and well worth a look if you have a buddy to play with.

I heard it's a pretty darn fun game to play with a friend, but it's currently extremely buggy. Pretty much everyone has problems when playing over the internet, which sort of beats the purpose of the entire game. But at least the developers are already working very hard on cranking out updates apparently.

I think it's a fantastic little game - except for #$%!ing save system. Can't comment on MP (not interested) but I've found it pretty stable after the first patch or two. It is, however, fairly punishing (for me) in terms of keeping up with the control scheme and the lack of saves.

Back
Top Bottom