VtM: Bloodlines - Unofficial Patch v8.5 Released

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Wesp keeps om truckin' with v8.5 of his Unofficial Patch / mod for Vampire: Bloodlines. A snip on the restores content from this release:
Restored Content (+)
+Added and fixed some last library textures, thanks to burgermeister.
+Restored Ocean House valve, sprinkler, cans, doors and some sounds.
+Restored two menu effects and unused Pisha eyes for LaSombra female.
+Restored Malkavian disciplines Veil and Voice, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Restored ten scenery props into sewers and Hallowbrook Hotel levels.
+Restored water, steam, fire and vomit effects, thanks EntenSchreck.
+Restored character creation questions and a sewer-cabbie animation.
More information.

+Restored Malkavian disciplines Veil and Voice

Anyone know anything about these? It would be nice if he included some notes in the change list to explain what they do. I don't see any mention of these disciplines on any VtM related site.

Anyone know anything about these? It would be nice if he included some notes in the change list to explain what they do. I don't see any mention of these disciplines on any VtM related site.

Caught my eye, too, as Malks are my favorite clan. Fresh install of the game, and it says right on the screen I'm running "UP 8.5" but I don't see any new disciplines for my male Malkavian, just the same old ones.

With this project still ongoing, I get the impression there was more unreleased content in the original game than what was actually included.

My word, this game has some pretty exteme staying power. I never seem to catch it when it goes on sale for $10.00 :(

I've seen it on sale as low as $5, but it's well worth $20. One of my favorites. Good writing.

Anyone have any info on these new Malk disciplines? I'm normally not very inclined to play mods that make fundamental changes to gameplay, as the "plus" version of Wesp's mod does (have always used the basic version), but for new Malk disciplines I'd give it a whirl. Didn't see any when I created a new character. Maybe it's just two abilities that are given by an NPC somewhere in the game? I saw in the notes mention of an NPC giving out a discipline.

Wesp around? *looks left, looks right*

I saw in the notes mention of an NPC giving out a discipline.
QUOTE]

its got to be the stopsign...

another possibility is perhaps depending on how you handle the "sisters" they are rewards for that plot line

Anyone have any info on these new Malk disciplines?

It's more or less only about new animations and effects. Instead of Hysteria you get Veil of Madness because some enemies will laugh and some will cry. There is a new effect in Vision of Death and a new animation in Voice of Bedlam, which replaces Bedlam, which was just a repetition of all the other disciplines anyway.

I saw in the notes mention of an NPC giving out a discipline.

Indeed, if you meet the right conditions Beckett will teach you Protean (non Gangrel) or Celerity (Gangrel).

Wesp around? *looks left, looks right*

At your service :)!

And there I was, thinking there was nothing left to restore. Amazing work indeed, thanks a BUNCH, Wesp — you are a god!

/hats off

At your service :)!

I have to say, it does seem that way sometimes, but don't think it isn't appreciated. Thanks for all of your dedicated work on one of my favorite games. You keep me coming back to Bloodlines — and keep it running over the years — and that's a big thing for me.

:salute:

Love that you keep updating the game. It gets me playing it again every time. Not to mention lets me play it. Your work is appreciated by those who have the game and the many more who are yet to grab it and start.

I would like to add my complements as well, and these updates reflect your dedication and committment in addition to the hard work and detail put by the developers themselves.

One naive question that I have for you Wesp: you mention that you have restored content that was in the game files but not in the game itself and my question is, how did you and the community discover this content, and how you identified its right place and implementation in the actual game?

Many thanks in advance

I'm very eager to give this a try. I picked it up this morning, and am in the process of downloading the 8.5 patch. Like Gothic 3, this is another one I never got around to playing. I remember a lady friend of mine owning a shirt with this game printed on it. She was in love with it, and at the time I didn't give it much thought but did look intriguing.

Back
Top Bottom