Gothic 3 - Version 1.6 Patch Available

Thanks for that - loads of changes. Hopefully my efforts to lighten my plate of game duties will allow me to replay this at some time this year.

1.0 I guess.

In the change log it reads that "The files of the official patch 1.12 will be installed with CP 1.6."
I'm talking about the incremental version, the small one.

:EDIT:
Nevermind, it goes on top of 1.12, the last official patch.

Last edited:
The incremental version goes on top of what version?
  1. Incremental version may be installed on top of the official patch 1.12 or any of the previous community patches.
  2. Full version may be installed on a fresh (unpatched) Gothic 3 installation.
Source: worldofgothic.de (afraid the explanation and quoted official publisher statement is in German only)

And Hi! to the Watch.

I've been waiting to play Gothic 3 since the realease in November '06 (to allow for the patches to settle a bit) and was hoping to play the game sometime in the upcoming months.

Has anyone played it recently with the newer patches? Does it feel more like a complete/final experience now?

The main issues I was hoping would be fixed were the glitching/overlapping sound effect stuttering (tree and wind rustles) and the missing world sound effects (rain, waterfalls, fire, etc.)

Also, has anyone had any success playing Gothic 3 with Vista32?

The incremental version goes on top of what version?

There are 2 versions according to what I got from my Dreamcatcher contacts:

Please note the smaller Update, 30 MB, requires the official Gothic-Update 1.12 (or the subsequent Community Update Versions).

The Complete Update (70 MB), includes the official Update 1.12.

If i have the original gothic 3 installed without ever having patched it (this includes both official and unoffical patches)... can I just install this patch? And yes, it's true, I have just the vanilla G3 on my machine - no patches.

If i have the original gothic 3 installed without ever having patched it (this includes both official and unoffical patches)... can I just install this patch? And yes, it's true, I have just the vanilla G3 on my machine - no patches.

Download the full 1.6 patch and that's all you need to do. It includes completely everything.

Latest community-patches have improved the game a lot. Huge number of different bugs (graphical, techinal, gameplay, quest related) have been fixed, moreover lots of balance issues have been taken care off and all the perks and skills are working properly.

Wonder if Gothic 3 will be patched up to 1.6 for the Gothic Universe pack being released this month.

How come the fixes in 1.5.2 are not mentioned anywhere in the changelog? It does contain them right?

All prior community patch fixes are included.

Thanks for the confirmation, you don't happen to have a link to the complete patch notes? I like to burn patches to cd and include any fix lists :)

look here Hope its what you were looking for?

Back
Top Bottom