CD Projekt - GOG Sale

magerette

Hedgewitch
Good Old Games is having a promotional sale, with a free $5.99 game for every two full price games($9.99.) The freebie titles include Battle Chess, Freespace, Fallout and Fallout 2, Lionheart, Evolva and the like. You can read up on it here.
More information.

No wonder we still love these guys.
Just a question about Lionheart I never played it but I read it was buggy as hell could you tell me something about it?

Hasn't seemed buggy for me (got it from GOG last month), but I'm not done with it yet.

It's not particularly buggy, IIRC. The first half is excellent but the second half is very rushed and unbalanced and makes your teeth grind. It's probably worth a run through for free though. :) Evolva is another good lost classic on that list.

I can't recall any bugs in Lionheart either, but it just isn't that good a game. The start (I wouldn't even call it a half, it's just one location) is good but is it really worth it?

My memory of it doesn't include bugs, either, but I must echo that the game becomes terrible almost as soon as you set foot outside of the starting city, Barcelona... but is it worth it? I'd dare say yes, even if only for that section. Why? Because it's a setting not many RPGs try: alternate-history, Italian Renaissance, a bunch of historical figures, it's all great stuff even if the chronology of it is all wrong. In the city at least, you can lie and talk your way out of anything; you can engage in many quests of intrigue and politics.

Besides, at this price (free for buying two other games), it's decent. Play it, explore every nook and cranny of Barcelona, and then pretend the game finishes there. Voila! A lovely experience.

I concur with the others. Lionheart was pretty solid as far as not crashing BUT was a terrible game after you leave Barcelona. It's far less than 1/2 done, though. There are all kinds of things that look like they had a neat idea and then only started it (like the spirit adviser thing).

I had already grabbed a cluster (Gothic, Disciples 2, Lionheart and Fallout Tactics) when Arx showed up ... so I had to buy more - Arx Fatalis, Jagged Alliance, and Stonekeep. So far everything runs great on my netbook, which is quite nice.

I would like to buy something but so far I already own all the interesting titles and know how to get them working on my computer.

Now if they could get Betrayal at Antara, Return to Krondor or any of the earlier Warhammer games to run on Windows XP, I would snatch those up in a minute.

Back
Top Bottom