Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Review Roundup #4

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here is another round of reviews for Shadowrun: Dragonfall.

Cheat Masters - 8.5/10

There may still be some elements that are not as fleshed out as desired, but Dragonfall has done quite a lot to bring more out of this game. The review for Shadowrun Returns was rated quite highly mostly due to its potential, as well as what it offered for its price. However, its story and save system were actually disappointing, even though there was a lot to like with the game. Perhaps that score can still stand due to how earnest Harebrained Schemes has been with the development of their game, which culminated in the release of this expansion.
Gamespot - 8/10

Harebrained Schemes has shown that it is committed to improvement. It has fixed a lot of the critical problems from the first entry (most notably that abhorrent save system), and the writing is leaps and bounds better here, making Dragonfall the first game that truly capitalizes on this incredible universe's great potential.
Eurogamer - 8/10

If you played and enjoyed Shadowrun Returns, Dragonfall is a no-brainer. It's more professionally made and superior to the original campaign in every way, and likely to clock in at around 12-15 hours depending on difficulty settings: enough to tell its story, but not enough to outstay its welcome. The scale feels right for a Shadowrun game, keeping the action primarily at street level, but with a big looming threat to make the main plot more than just another job.
PC World - 4.5/5

The expansion plays much like its predecessor—isometric camera, no voiced dialogue, plenty of reading, and lots of systems. In many ways,Dragonfall is the campaign the game should've shipped with from the start. An amalgamation of fan feedback and the developer's own ideas, Dragonfall manages to right a fair number of the original's wrongs, while still delivering the same compelling dialogue and an even better world to explore.
More information.

Yup, I enjoiyed Dragonfall much more than the earlier Dead Mans Switch campaign. Deeper characters, a fixed team, more difficult decisions (though some still lacking consequence) ... more fun all around.

I'm still playing, but I already can say, that I like it very much. :)
I hope they're going to realease some more campaigns.

Yeah, definitely closer to the game I was hoping for from these guys/gals. Really like some of the writing, especially the back stories of the various sidekicks. The quests are really well done too. I think the good reviews are well-deserved.

Back
Top Bottom