Disciples III - Interview @ Gaming Nexus

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Disciples III producer Alexey Ilyin has been interviewed at Gaming Nexus:
What kind of RPG elements can folks expect to see in the game?
The development system of heroes changed totally. Each character has a list of parameters and skills. The parameters of each hero include stamina, strength, intellect, dexterity and initiative. The skills tree looks like a field paved with the square counters. You can only open counter neighboring the opened one. If you open the counter you get the skill written on it. Standard list of skills includes increases for leader parameters. And there are also a number of unique skills for the leaders of each game race.

Wearing, equipment and weapon by the hero always changes his visual representation both on the global map and in the battle.
More information.

I really hope this game will be a hit this time. Disciples II was simple in combat mechanics but absolutely beautiful.

Actually, I think I should go replay the game (thanks to GoG :) ) since I have forgotten much about the lore of that universe.

They're not exaggerating about the quality of the artwork--those are some exceptionally beautiful screens, and they capture the feel of the series very well, I think. Also sounds like they've paid some attention to increasing the tactical elements.

I scanned the whole article for a release date but didn't see one. I've heard Q4 2009 mentioned and I'm hoping. :)

I'm a little bit tempted but vowed to myself i would never buy an akella title again. Wasted money on 5 of their games and the only thing to do after installing was uninstall (for 2 of them even uninstall didn't work) again.

I'm a little bit tempted but vowed to myself i would never buy an akella title again. Wasted money on 5 of their games and the only thing to do after installing was uninstall (for 2 of them even uninstall didn't work) again.

Oh? Which were those and why?

Oh? Which were those and why?
I only remember the name of the last one. It was hard to be a god and simply no fun at all for me. Deleted it after about 20 minutes. I bought a lot of games during the last years and perhaps it was only bad luck and picked the wrong titles but i remember seeing an akella logo the few times i was really disapointed. I didn't notice it on the package of "hard to be a god" until i was near the cash register and considered canceling but thought let's try and was disapointed again.
The installer didn't work and crashed until it had internet access. After about an hour later it finally started and the translation was incredibly bad, cut of or missing at all with empty text boxes. I gave it a short try but the gameplay seemed very boring and after 2 crashes i decided to quit. Started uninstall which you might guess crashed too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom