The Witcher 2 - Polish Release Date May 17th

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Neoseeker posts that the release date for The Witcher 2 has been pushed back to May 17th. They want the extra time to polish the game:

Project lead Adam Badowski comments, "We know that players would like to get the game as soon as possible, so we hope that they will forgive us! We strongly believe that the extra time spent polishing the title will be well worth the wait."

Gamers seem perhaps even more irate than ever about buggy games lately, so if The Witcher 2's overall level of polish can match that of its shiny screenshots, we're in.
More information.

Sigh here we go again.I hear this excuse for every rpg this year and when the game arrives its still a mess.Oh well time will tell.

Sorry guys, the title is wrong. They're polishing the game not the Polish release date :D It's a general release. I can't fix the title.

@Couchpotato Would you rather they released it with a few bugs in it? Obsidian is probably regretting they didn't polish it up a bit. Even though I never encountered many of these reported bugs, but it would have been better if they delayed it and ironed out the few that were remaining.

Last edited:
The first game was pretty polished, wasn't it? I still haven't gotten around to it, but that's the impression I've gotten.

"Delay for polish" is never a good sign. Every game requires polishing before release, and that should be planned into the schedule. If it wasn't, that's bad project planning. If it was, but they couldn't finish polishing it in the time allotted, that's still bad project planning. It's a schedule slip no matter how you look at it.

That said, if the game wouldn't have been ready on its original release date I'd prefer they delay it rather than toss it out unpolished. My concern is that they can only slip the schedule so far, and if the 'give' isn't enough to make up for the original failure in project estimation they're going to have to throw something out -- features, polish, bugfixing, something.

I guess I'll play TWII while I wait for TW2. (This is going to get very confusing very quickly.)

The first game was pretty polished, wasn't it? I still haven't gotten around to it, but that's the impression I've gotten.

TWI had some issues, i recall it crashing alot, had something to do with auto-saving if i recall correctly, other than that, i don't remember running into any game-breaking bugs.Sure, there were some minor annoyances here and there but hell, TWI was one damn fine cRPG.

Sorry guys, the title is wrong. Their polishing the game not the Polish release date :D It's a general release. I can't fix the title.

@Couchpotato Would you rather they released it with a few bugs in it? Obsidian is probably regretting they didn't polish it up a bit. Even though I never encountered many of these reported bugs, but it would have been better if they delayed it and ironed out the few that were remaining.

No i wouldn't but every game that has been delayed due to polishing has never come out bug free.It either has content removed of just sits on a shelf waiting for a latter release date.I have been burned to many times with this excuse.As for obsidian I never had a game breaking bug except for new vegas but that was do the engine.

Last edited:
TWI had some issues, i recall it crashing alot, had something to do with auto-saving if i recall correctly, other than that, i don't remember running into any game-breaking bugs.Sure, there were some minor annoyances here and there but hell, TWI was one damn fine cRPG.

It was a fin game, but has other problems as well, as long loading time etc. but the free EE version fixed most, if not all of it.

The delay suit me fine, as one of the few here, I actual look forward to Dragon Age 2, so now i got time to play that before TW2 come out :)

Sorry guys, the title is wrong. They're polishing the game not the Polish release date :D It's a general release. I can't fix the title.

:lol:

You just made my day. I'd been waiting for the Polish/polish joke. For it to inadvertently come out by mistake in a news release was lovely :)

This seems a good a place as any to ask: anyone know why the pre-order prices (in the UK at least) are so high? It almost looks like a deliberate strategy to discourage pre-orders, which shops sometimes do if they're understocked, but for all stores in the UK to list RRP of 50 quid is odd. That's higher than Starcraft 2's RRP.

Well I hope the final game has fewer bugs than the TW2 screenshots I've seen. I get CTDs when looking at them. Also pixels start moving around and there's a flicker in the sky.

May 17th is fine with me, I have far too many games in queue now anyways. Besides, I need to replay The Witcher again first. I want to import a savegame.

Why "pushed back"? To my knowledge, this is the first official release date. It'll perhaps be pushed back later on, but not today ;)

All those little trinkets are crap and i mean throw it in the garbage after you beat the game or the novelty wares off . The map is nice and the in game item , the vest is probably useful early in the game or sell it for Witcher curency. 130.00 no thanks, maybe 70. bucks .

:lol:

You just made my day. I'd been waiting for the Polish/polish joke. For it to inadvertently come out by mistake in a news release was lovely :)

Glad I could bring some joy into your life ;)

I was a little tired when I read that article. I could had sworn they were talking about the POLE-ish release date :D

Oh dear, we've got a serious issue here. Well, yeah, and the release date hurts, though it will be nice to have something to play in May for once. No, what I'm talking about is abbreviations.

TW2 = Two Worlds 2. You can't use it for the Witcher 2. Maybe just W2? Or tW2 if you folks are into the case sensitive stuff. Or better yet, say Witcher 2. It really isn't that hard to type.

Back
Top Bottom