Skyrim - Dunmer Thief Screenshot

He's too white looking, he's like a white guy with black skin, that's not the way they've been portrayed before.. he could be a native german or swede, except for the skintone, so not good imo. Textures are really crappy too but it's probably 360 version they're showing.. Didin't like the Bosmer either, looks funny in a bad way, proportions are off. Nah, characters arent their thing, still.

They are from the 360. Keep in mind that these are screen shots of the characters the previewers made during their one hour session with Skyrim last week.

I agree they are a little odd, mainly the Bosmer, but these characters were made by the players so their size and color are off from what you might consider to be the norm for that particular race. The big and buffed body type, for example, seems to have been popular with the previewers…

This might raise a good point as well. If a traditional Bosmer(or any of the other races) is of a certain size, shape, and color, should we be allowed to make major changes? Maybe the character creator sliders should be limited to prevent a Bosmer from looking like a roided and pasty German!

I agree that the Bosmer looks weird. I'm not sure if it's the pose or what but it's the least desirable of the character pictures. I like the kitty-cats best. They look cool. Since I'll probably play a female Breton, I would have loved to see some female characters in robes or light armor.

Yeah Bosmer looks weird... hopefully it's just an off screenshot.

I'm not sure what your point is here. People voted on this and asked to see a "Dumner Thief" and this is what Bethesda came up with.

Or maybe my point is too obvious and it is better to look the other way?

A bit willing to play candidly that game so let's give it a shot for the fun of it.

What makes this character a thief in the gameworld environment as it is provided by Bethesda? That is the question to be answered. If this question is not understood, I am ready to rephrase it (even tough kicking into row z will be the easiest option)

By Bethesda's comment, classes are removed so the virtualization of this character as a thief can not be made through the association to a specific build/developpment tree.

I strongly doubt that the game is able to characterize an avatar's behaviour as a thief behaviour so this path very likely does not exist.

So what makes this character a thief? For the moment, only Bethesda's art vision.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know how the poll was organized, if people had to decide over a list of provided items that included dunmer thief option.

If this was not the case, if people asked by themselves to see a thief in a game that removed classes and does not support behaviour recognization and characterization, not only these people are ready to absorb any kind of hype but they also create their own hype.

Asking for a thief in a game that has no class, where a thief is going to be whatever the player wants a thief to be? It is sheer craziness.

Since I'll probably play a female Breton, I would have loved to see some female characters in robes or light armor.
Same here. I'm disappointed that both "official" characters are male. It would have been nice to see a female.

@Chinaboy-Just because there isn't a class called thief, the skills that existed in Oblivion still mostly exist in Skyrim. So, Bethesda chooses Light Armor, Sneak, Illusion, Alchemy, Blade, Marksman, and Security. Alchemy for poisoning blades, Light Armor for less noise, Blade for daggers, Illusion for camoflage, Marksman for silent takedowns from afar, Sneak and Security for stealth and lockpicking, respectively.

What changed besides a name? I'm really, really sorry that you can't figure this out on your own without an explanation. Perhaps you should try some Angry Birds?

Regarding Angry Birds ... That's one of the games I'll buy next ...

@Chinaboy-Just because there isn't a class called thief, the skills that existed in Oblivion still mostly exist in Skyrim. So, Bethesda chooses Light Armor, Sneak, Illusion, Alchemy, Blade, Marksman, and Security. Alchemy for poisoning blades, Light Armor for less noise, Blade for daggers, Illusion for camoflage, Marksman for silent takedowns from afar, Sneak and Security for stealth and lockpicking, respectively.

What changed besides a name? I'm really, really sorry that you can't figure this out on your own without an explanation. Perhaps you should try some Angry Birds?

Dont feel sorry for pointing out that being a thief in Skyrim requires an external reference point. As the thief notion meant something in Oblivion, it has to mean something in Skyrim, even though the association pattern used in Oblivion is removed. Good controversial talking points to come between people who are going to use Oblivion as their reference material and people who wont have played Oblivion and will only see Skyrim for what it is: a game with no relationship between a character and the thief denomination. Loads of traffic.

Importation of external content, either player's imagination and willingness to see a thief in what could be anything else or association pattern coming from other games. That should do the trick, even less content, just let the players fill the gaps. And buy the hype.

As to Chinaboy, mispell or something else?

Good laughter actually. Bethesda has good marketing sector.

In my first point in the thread, I wondered why not an assassin.

Now the fun:

chooses Light Armor, Sneak, Illusion, Alchemy, Blade, Marksman, and Security.

The assassin class in Oblivion:
Acrobatics
Alchemy
Blade
Light Armor
Marksman
Security
Sneak

The thief class in Oblivion:

Acrobatics
Light Armor
Marksman
Mercantile
Security
Sneak
Speechcraft

Bethesda's marketing sector do not even have to keep making the job. So called RPGers do it for them.

Good and long discussions to come, spurred by controversy. Useless but so good for hype.

A genius move: removing content, pretending it is still here and let socalled RPGers do the job.

Back
Top Bottom