Guess who's coming to theoutside world?

I'm going to attempt to post a video. If it works you will see it if not, sorry but you can always PM me and friend me on Facebook to see it. Of course my FB is only about my wonderful child. Anyway, let's see if it works.

Guess not, sorry.

Here's a few photo's instead.

She's obviously starting to walk/run, LOL. The Elmo one makes me think: Elmo says "You are getting sleeeeepy, very sleeeeepy." She has her days where She doesn't know if She's a baby or a kitteh. LOL. She loves dat mousie! And, of course you gotta love the bathing suit model pose. :D

Loves ~T

Attachments

• P7150257.jpg
    P7150257.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 90
  • P6210248.jpg
    P6210248.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 88
  • P6060241.jpg
    P6060241.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 88
  • P5140188.jpg
    P5140188.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 85
Good gawd, she's alive!

Always a joy to hear from ya, T. Baby's looking great as always. Have you made it to talking yet? I think it was Cosby that noted that you spend 18 months trying so hard to get them to speak followed by 18 years of trying so hard to get them to quiet down. You're into a really fun time--they develop (physically, mentally, emotionally) so incredibly fast over the next couple years, it will just amaze you. You'll want to shoot yourself in the head most of the time, and yet you just can't wait for more.

Now, when are we getting Mommy's swimsuit pose? ;)

Too cute as always. Man she has grown so much. :celebrate: :wow:

Dte said it all. Only part he missed was the potty training. That is one you never regret teaching them. In my book, the only thing. ;)

Great to hear from you as always, but as always, when are you coming back to join us on DDO? :)

She understands words but has yet to fully say one other than Nana, Mama, Baba, etc. Bye Bye is Buh buh. It's just a thrill to see how her mind ticks. . .and a bit scary. She touches something and looks at you for the word then looks at your mouth then back to you then she touches something else and so on.

No swimsuit pics of Mommy yet. I gained a lot and haven't gotten rid of it yet. Kinna depressed about it but I figure I'd rather be fat and happy than skinny and unhappy so for the moment I'm gonna stick to bein happy and lazy. LOL. Soon enough.

I tried to jump on DnD the other day but the downloads are taking too long. I will never be able to play on your Friday days again due to baby's schedule. Pretty sure I've said that before, sorry. In any case while DnD is fun with a team I like to have the option of soloing successfully and that game just doesn't give you the option. I mentioned that before too. One day you may see me in game but nowhere near the time you guys team up. I've been playing A LOT of Guild Wars lately. Love that game.

For the moment you will just have to be content with what I'm giving. :) I DO miss you guys! I wish you all played GW. :)

Loves ~T and ~M

We used to play GW, but it doesn't compare to DDO, which can be solo'd successfully witha Hireling (usually a cleric). Many of us are on at various times throughout the day as well as our regular sessions, so just look at the Guild roster when you're logged in and see who might be available.

Wow, with all the posts I answered just now you would think I have TONS of time on my hands. LOL. I actually don't but I needed to just make my presence known here. Here's a few more pics. Love you guys!

Ok, as far as the pics go we have THREE new editions to the family. You can guess which pick that is and I am NOT the Mommy. LOL. Mikayla's started playing the "Upside Down" game a while ago. But today I decided to show her a summersault and now all she wanted me to do after she does the upside down game is to roll her over. Lord what have I done! LOL. The pic on the chair is her bein sheepish cause she knew she wasn't supposed to crawl up onto it since it moves round and around. The last pic is an OH MY GOD moment for Mommy. I was watching her play with her stuffed moosey and turned my head for a second when I turned my head back she was standing on top of the table and doing her dancing. I thought it was cute so I grabbed the camera to take a picture and no sooner than I snapped a dancing pic the kitty jumped on the sofa so baby decided to follow her. That pic was the camera as I threw myself forward and grabbed her before she hit the ground and we played airplane as I swirled her in the air so she didn't get scared. WHEW! Needless to say I have taught her NOT to crawl onto the table anymore. LOL.

She knows everything I say now and is starting to say words other than Mama, Nana, Numnum, etc.. She said Appeh (apple) yesterday and it was wonderful. I can say words to her and she points to where or what they are and I think she is just amazing. She has her lil temper tantrums when she is told no or I have to take something from her that I deem dangerous or not wise for her to play with but it doesn't last long and she's still beautiful before during and after the tantrums. LOL. She is undoubtably the light of my life.

Loves ~T

Attachments

• P8270349.jpg
    P8270349.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 65
  • P8120299.jpg
    P8120299.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 16
  • P8070283.jpg
    P8070283.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 20
  • P8070290.jpg
    P8070290.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 18
  • P8120311.jpg
    P8120311.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 21
I think you've got the pics out of order. Baby has her skydiving moment and THEN Mommy has kittens...

Ah, T, the fun is just beginning. Like I said many posts back, loving family equals happy baby and that's one happy baby. You're doing good, girl!

Nah, no mac's in this household. Mebbe teh phone thingy but not puter wise. LOL.

I hope she's happy. I try. :) LOL@ having kittehs. But you are absolutely right. I don't think I would have had three though. That moment was a HUGE scare and i cant' believe I caught it on camera. LOL.

Not to worry. Kids bounce surprisingly well. You'd be surprised.

I remember early on with our oldest (she was ~ 18mos at the time), I was taking her out to the minivan. Chucked her up in one arm and opened the sliding door. Ducked down and leaned in the vehicle to put her in her carseat. Heard the thunk and realized she didn't know to duck... For about 30 seconds, she just looked at me, like, "Seriously, Dad, are you that fucking stupid?" Just then Mommy came out and Monkey screamed bloody murder just to make sure I'd have to explain.

It is extremely ODD between the actual reaction time that turns into. . . or mebbe not. . . . an extreme boo-boo cry out. Sometimes she just looks at me brushes herself off and keeps playing but other times it's the end of the freakin world. LOL. I get more Boo-Boo tears when I say NO TOUCH! when she reaches for the nightlight vs. a fall that to ME looks like she broke a limb or jogged her brains a bit.

It's just odd. which is why I tend to be calm at ALL times so I don't induce the terrible tears. When she gets that pouty (beautiful) lip and I know it's coming is when I pick her up, sing to her and rock her over it but other times I just look and think she's really one tough cookie.

It amazes me.

Hi gang! Mom and baby are still around and doing fabulous! This site fell offa mah listy and it kinna fell outta mind. Been a bit stressed for the past several months so please forgive me! :) Just wanted to say Hi to everyone and HUGE HUGS!!! Am still gonna post some pictures to keep everyone interested updated.

Sorry! I swears I didn't fall of the edge of the earths! :)
Ciao for Now~ Loves ~T

Well, if you didn't fall off the edge of the earth, you must just not like us anymore. *sniff*

;)

Speaking of babies... I just had my first on Feb 8th. It was a big, beautiful girl named Isabella (No, not because of the Twilight Bella).

So far being a parent has been a lot harder than I or my wife had ever expected. Any suggestions for first time parents?

Enjoy her while you can. This is the easy part. trust me! The first year goes by so very quickly. I too had no idea what I was getting myself into but you really can't make a mistake. (Well, I think you know what I mean. LOL) Love her, Feed her, Clean her and Dress her, let her sleep and play with her and you pretty much have it down. ;)

It's the most wonderful thing in the world! Just wait! In a year and a half or so she's going to say "I Love You" and you will float.

Congratulations!!!

And if you do have questions just PM me and if I can help I will try. ;) I'm no Dr. of course but I just went through the first year and am on our second and it still scares the hell outta me! :)

Loves ~T

Well, we found having a baby far less stressful than we had feared, so I guess it depends on the baby in question - they're all different (and the parents are different as well ;) ).

Firstly: Congrats, Korplem! :D But now you need to tell us exactly why living with your baby daughter is harder than you expected …
Does she cry a lot? Does she have tummy aches? Or is she just very good in keeping you awake? Is it difficult for you to keep your daughter's schedules, perhaps because you work shifts … ?

We avoided stress wherever we could, but circumstances let us. In the first two months, hubby and I did baby care shifts: I did the late night shift, he did the morning shift, and so each of us got enough sleep. But this was possible only because we had to stop breastfeeding our son after a short while (just didn't work). And because our jobs made it possible. Then again, there were many relatives and friends who wanted to help, and they did.

You see … there are so many factors to be taken into account.

Sounds like colic; my daughter had that for 3 months and we got almost no sleep. Welcome to the world of parenting!! :)

So far being a parent has been a lot harder than I or my wife had ever expected. Any suggestions for first time parents?
Don't try to be SuperParents. You'll see all sorts of impressively learned folk (often childless folk, oddly enough) writing books about all the wonderful things you're supposed to do and all the wonderful ways you're supposed to do them. It's largely crap. The fact that you'd ask demonstrates that you meet the single requirement for being a good parent—you actually give a shit. Trust me, that's 90% of the battle right there and it won't be long before you'll be able to identify with remarkable accuracy which parents share your dedication and which ones don't.

So, with the psychologists safely confined to the trash can, you can get to the important stuff. Do what works. If she's happy in a swing for 4 hours straight, then go with it. It's OK, really it is. Don't worry—she'll let you know if her butt gets numb or her back gets sore. She'll get quality stimulation from watching the world go by—you don't need Mozart playing in the background. Your job is to keep the damn thing wound up. That's it. Maybe in your case it will be a carrier or a car or a rocking chair or (taken from the young mother across the street) a really loud radio. There's bound to be something that helps some. Use it. A lot. And don't feel guilty about it.

Our oldest was a pretty good baby. We paid the karma bill when we brought home the twins. For the first 6 weeks, one cried nonstop. The doctor didn't think it was colic, just a grouchy baby. She hasn't changed much in 11 years. ;) Naturally, at the 6 week point when the "elder" finally settled down for whatever reason, the "younger" was pissed off for the next 4 weeks straight. Unfortunately, not much you can do to stop it. They generally liked the swings, so they spent a fair bit of time swinging away in their carriers. We felt guilty about it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom