Torchlight II - Sells 1M Copies

Wow. Unbelievable really. I never thought Torchlight II would sell that many copies.

I haven't played it but I played the original Torchlight and thought it was a cool game. I guess a lot of people must have thought the same thing.

Hope they port this to the Xbox 360.

This is good to hear, haven't played it in awhile but it definitely is a great game.

That is great news - congrats to Runic!

And if anyone hasn't bought it yet - it's on Steam sale for $10 today.

I think Torchlight 2 should be very grateful for Diablo 3 - because it seems to me that it's being quite overrated due to the massive disappointment of the Diablo sequel.

Truth be told, I think TL2 is a pretty shallow game with a barebones story and somewhat middling production values. But in terms of mechanics, it's a lot better than D3 - and has a lot more replayability.

I certainly wouldn't call it what D3 should have been, as that would have required a game in an entirely different league.

Truth be told, I think TL2 is a pretty shallow game with a barebones story and somewhat middling production values. But in terms of mechanics, it's a lot better than D3 - and has a lot more replayability.

But "mechanics" and replayability are exactly what make this type of a game.

There is a lot to do in the game, it isn't a stat heavy turn based rpg, but it was never advertised as one. What it does it does well?

I've no idea why people like this game. It's just a shallow game with little or no story IMO. It's cartoonish cutscenes and poor graphic looks extremely ridiculous and makes me laugh. I hate that crappy click-fest combat too. You just have to click, click and click. You need no precision, no proper timing, no proficiency and so on. After playing about 1 hour started to get aching in every finger joints up to below my wrists.
I think Torchlight 2 should be very grateful for Diablo 3 - because it seems to me that it's being quite overrated due to the massive disappointment of the Diablo sequel.

I certainly wouldn't call it what D3 should have been, as that would have required a game in an entirely different league.

Completely agreed.

I've no idea why people like this game. It's just a shallow game with little or no story IMO. It's cartoonish cutscenes and poor graphic looks extremely ridiculous and makes me laugh. I hate that crappy click-fest combat too. You just have to click, click and click. You need no precision, no proper timing, no proficiency and so on. After playing about 1 hour started to get aching in every finger joints up to below my wrists.

Never tried any of these myself, but when I have watched the gameplay videos, they appear to be rather boring and often I cannot even tell the difference between Torchlight, Diablo, Path of Exile, Van Helsing, etc. They all look sort of like web browser tower defense games.

Back
Top Bottom