The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The lack of lower levels is a problem for me as well. If it wasn't for the iconics, which I haven't particularly liked, I'd have two mid-levels in Ijii (15) and Aneira (15, almost 17), Cairi knocking on 20, 4 more at 20, 1 at 24, and my lower levels being Rachail at 3, Aerii at 10, Mirys at 11 (holding 12).

I'm not sure about a TR though.

I think we finally got the old TR group to 20, Corwin's Druid finally made it. I hit 20 on Fireflash, Susan, and Pump, and almost on Cairii with that group. And got almost 17 on one other with it.

I will have to farm out tokens before I can TR anyone anytime soon. Thinking I would TR the Druid first. I want to play with the build and enhancements and see if can get her in better shape. Going to keep her a druid. Was thinking of doing a TR on the Rogue when I hit that level. Might bring her around as an arty, still thinking on that.

Last night, I LR'd Aneira into an Acrobat Rogue. Those looking for daggers, short-swords, goats, and rapiers may find a few tossed in the guild chest.

This was mostly ad-hoc, since the THF are, IMO, not a worthwhile investment (I never noticed any differences in characters with out without them before, so the damage increase is marginal at best, especially for the high price of 3 feats!) so I went instead PA-Cleave-G Cleave.

Acrobat gives DEX to hit and damage with q-sticks so STR is a minimal 13 for PA. DEX is 17, more because of a lack of build points, INT and CON 14. The main difference from before is a DEX focus vs STR. Since the racials are too expensive, I dumped the now-worthless Barbarian dilettante for Artificer for the +2 UMD when using scrolls. This also has the side effect of free no-UMD use of Resist Energy and Stoneskin wands. Considering she's under-geared, that's useful.

Another thing I noticed was that I have a massive gap formed now. I have a 3-10-11-15(x2)-16-20(x3)-24. And of my lowest three level characters, they are all third lifers. This meant I had no one to hop into a group formed at 11-13 running in the Desert (Mirys is my 11, and is bound to the Friday group). Aneira is also pushing near 17, so it really won't be long once I run her that she'll join my list of stalled characters at 20.

Cairii is 20 now, a couple quick Explorer runs did her in. I have not even taken an ED. I'm thinking of bringing her back around, but only once I get at least a Con-opp HP item built, which would take some serious mat buildup since I think I'm short on the tier 3 stuff.

On the Friday group, we have at least three at the wall or close enough to it that they'll be losing xp for Threnal. For that matter, Mirys is not far from 4th rank in 12. I suggest we go ahead and take 12, since we'll still be getting full xp for the level 9's on elite, just not Bravery (we won't break streak so don't worry about that). Joyelle would definitely benefit since she would get her first level 6 spell off of that level, and some of us would also get the more useful level 12 enhancements and Greensteel weaponry available to use.

We all took level 12 after you retired for the evening, several are not only holding for 13, but getting high there as well.

Something I noticed with ED's. I took one with a new level 20, and immediately TR'd. When I re-reached 20, the ED I took was 'active', but I was able to select a different ED. Now I have 2 which I could use and they are far apart. Interesting!!

On deck for Friday- Threnal mania. I believe we can finish the pack, even with Az likely to be time-limited again this week.

Remaining level 10 content: 1 quest in the desert, VoN raid, Tempest Spine raid

My understanding is that the two raids might be done over-level since we'll be short-manning. That makes sense to me, particularly since over half of us have never even seen those raids.

So, ideally, we can knock off Threnal and perhaps even blast thru Rahmat. Then, we evaluate. With a little luck, we'll all be ready to take level 13 at that point, saving the raids for a later time. If not, we discuss options and decide how to proceed.

Looking further down the road, we've got a buttload of level 11 content so we're probably going to be right back against that ceiling fairly quickly. That's not really all bad since the content at levels 12-14 is actually a bit thin. At 11, we'll have most of the Desert pack to tackle, the Necro3 pack (Aletys gets to do the rat puzzle), as well as several available House quests (some of which are decent). That might also be when we want to catch the two raids.

Oh, on a separate note, time to update yer rosters over in MMO, folks. Do it. Macht schnell!

Well, so far no one has said I will be in Saturday, so Lord willing I won't. Still 2 days to go though, and I won't be surprised if I am. It's up to upper management's willingness to approve 8+ hours of OT.

Tempest Spine is not difficult to do, even elite at-level and under-manned. The real issue will be Corwin getting lost, Corwin running out of inventory space at around Fire and Ice, and Corwin getting knocked off the mountain. Or falling off. ;)

Free Item for Oct 17-24: Major SP Potions (10X)

The free item of the week is 10 Major SP Potions. Code: MAJ10

This is normally 250 TP, so if you've got any spell casters, you'll want to jump on it.

Sorry Az, but it's Cm who regularly falls off mountains, not me!! :p :)

Man, I got to join you guys sometime. I've been holding out almost a decade. I just don't have the energy with my commute these days!

Are the instructions on the front page? What time to play and where? What I should do first?

You need to be on the Khyber server, Lucky. Build your toon. Our group is up to level 12, so it will be a while before you can run with the Friday group (being a first lifer, you'll actually catch up to us faster than you might think). We play at 7pm Eastern Daylight on Friday. Most of us play at other times as well, so even if you're not in the Friday group for a while, you'll still be able to run with us at other times if you so desire. We're all running multiple toons so there are plenty of lower level toons that can party up with you right now (I've got a level 3 toon that's finished most of the "introductory" quests).

If you post your toon's name, one of us will send you a guild invite. Even if you never run a single quest with us, access to our guild airship will help you out immensely.

When you create a character, feel free to ask questions here about anything you don't understand, or just want to know. Most of the group has 3-4 years experience now, with JM and myself having ran basically every class to 20 save Barbarian (which Dte is the expert on). We also bring differing playstyles and perspectives to character building.

I can help out with a few low-level toons, if needed, Lucky Day. My Favoured Soul (flavour: Divine Avenger) is just level 4 or 5.

My Cleric is still level 12 or 13, maybe I'll log in again. I'm (again) a little bit burned out with SWTOR right now.

Alrik that would be great, jump on if you can. Been too long since we were all in.

Gandorkis has one in this range I believe as well now. He can't get on til later in pm but maybe one of us can catch him, confirm he could show and when, then we can run a raid with extra manpower.

@ Lucky……..Korthos is the intro training. Simple compared to higher level stuff. Once in guild we can pass you items in the guild chest to help you get started. And if you want to say Hi please send tells. Guild chat does not ping a notice that someone chatted there, and a lot of us miss seeing stuff there. Hope to see you.

My understanding is that the two raids might be done over-level since we'll be short-manning. That makes sense to me, particularly since over half of us have never even seen those raids.

We will probably run the raids at level 13 on normal or hard just to learn how they work. That won't mess up any bravery bonuses.

For VON 5-6 I think we need at least 8 people. One reason is that we need to split in 3 in von 6 (3 pillar areas). If we have 2 evasion toons they can hit the fire pillar area and use pots to heal. Then the ice and electric pillars have 3 toons each, probably with a healer at ice and a semi healer at electric.

Tempest spine is pretty straight-forward and we can probably run a 7-8 man group on hard at level 13 with little problem. There aren't any splits there if I recall correctly. The worst about that raid is that you're playing the main quest inside a wilderness area so you have no map inside the quest. So expect people to get lost.

toon is the new word for your character? what LB used to call your "Avatar"?

You are correct sir, but we use character just as often. However, 'toon' is fewer letters to type!! :)

Yep, it's faster. ;)

The less typing the better. I have to back space every other letter. That is why we use Skype in game to chat as well. Buy the time I type "trpa" (backspace) "trap" "srot" (backspace) "stop!" three of us are dead. lol

Back
Top Bottom