Vital 3.0 SDK

alek

Traveler
Exclusive :p
This SDK is from the earlier Precursors build.

-not fully functional
-level editor and other tools possibly works with WG
-QRE from WG

Download

Last edited:
Good to see this public released SDK, maybe someone will fix this tools for the current engine version.
One year ago i tried to open some old maps in Leveledit, and everything was ok. But now i see the strange error when i open an unpacked release .LV2 files… :S

One year ago i tried to open some old maps in Leveledit, and everything was ok. But now i see the strange error when i open an unpacked release .LV2 files… :S

Hi T-braze - so you had the vital engine 3.0 SDK back then? Where did you get it, out of interest?

And also, how did you unpack the level files a year ago?

thanks!

Exclusive :p
-QRE from WG

Damn, so we still won't be able to edit everything in the resource file :(.
But the rest looks interesting, you can already see stuff from the cut
planets with RF2_view. Maybe someone will be able to restore them :)!

P.S.: I fixed the videos in the meantime. The FPS were just too large...

Alek gave it to me with unpacked levels from leaked early build. I just put this things into release version and tried to do something =\

Cool, I might see if I can get me that earlier build for education purposes.

Thanks for making this available to us Alek, but I don't understand why Deep Shadows don't just hand over the version of the SDK that's compatible with the release version - what have they got to lose at this point?!

I tried to change the carry weight. But now when i've have all the guns except for the lenkon assault doesn't work. I can't change weapons.

Anyone know what might be the prolem?

Did you look with the editor at the weapons? This is known to make them unusable!

Don't think so but i'll reinstall and try again :) Thanks for the advice!

Edit: Ok i remembered i did look at the weapons but i didn't change anything

Another Question: How do i know which perks are which? i.e. how do i know what line i should change if i want to change the lockpick probability?

Last edited:
Edit: Ok i remembered i did look at the weapons but i didn't change anything

Yeah, but looking alone is enough. Never touch that section of the editor, it's obviously not compatible with the Precursors weapon system.

Another Question: How do i know which perks are which? i.e. how do i know what line i should change if i want to change the lockpick probability?

You need to translate the names in the perk section. I already did this once but between the update to the 1.1 offical patch it got lost. Maybe I will do it again.

FrenchTranslation

I would like to translate precursors in french but i don't manage to open "resource.qre" file. Is it possible to send this file in a excel file as it is written in the vital engine 3 post :

"An 'improved' version of the resource editor (QRE) provided by the developers. This lets you edit the in game text (dialog, menu's, etc), and I've exposed the localisation functionality which allows you to export / import to / from Excel. "

Sorry for my bad english langage

Is it possible to send this file in a excel file as it is written in the vital engine 3 post

I can't send you the whole file, but all the sections that need to be translated. PM your email adress and I'll do it. After you have translated everything badmofo is needed to insert the excel files back into the resource file though. It doesn't work for me :(...

Thanks.I can open level editor, lev launcher and RF2view but .qre.exe doesn't work

So i PM my adress.Thank you so much.

Edit : did the PM work?

Last edited:
OK I've managed to open th resource.qre file with .qre vital engine. I've re-installed firebird and it worked.Do you now the number of french localisation statues.When I choose french langage in Unigen export, sometimes there's an error or sometimes there's a "nothing to export".When it works no french language appears. I don't know if developers had really done french language translation or just english.

Any idea?

You need to translate the names in the perk section. I already did this once but between the update to the 1.1 offical patch it got lost. Maybe I will do it again.

What am i supposed to do when it says: Ïðûãóí <BASIC> instead of the real name. Google translate didn't translate this as russian.

Back
Top Bottom