Pricewatch!

if you're subscribed to Paradox emails, the last one came with a Gamersgate code to download Crusader Kings + expansion for free.

What kind of game is it, anyway ?

Metro 2033 was an enjoyable game, but it was inferior to its spiritual brother S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - so I'd keep that in mind before purchasing. Also, to anyone who plays the original STALKER at this point, make sure to play it with: http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009 . Or STALKER COMPLETE

they're completely different style of games, and i love both. in my opinion though , maybe because it was a new setting, metro 2033 had a lot of the magic of the first stalker, the fear, ambience etc. that was lacking in the other two games. though they are all great games to me. metro 2033 is like playing all of the underground levels in stalker even when you're on the surface (though the gas mask time limit element is sweet in its own right) which is only a small part of the gameplay in the stalker games. can't wait for metro 2034 and stalker 2 though. both next year perhaps?

Amazon.co.uk has a free delivery to EU countries if order total is more than 25 pounds. Its euro prices are very lucrative now. I.E I just ordered the Balls of Steel Collector Edition for 53€ and Deus Ex Augmented edition for 40€. I saved som 40 euros thx to amazon.

Balls of Steel Collector Edition for 53€
Duke_Nukem_Forever_Balls_of_Steel_Edition_PS3_peli_1.jpg

Deus Ex Augmented Edition for 40€
deus_ex_human_revolution_augmented_edition.jpg

GamersGate has several sales going, among other a Deus Ex one and an "Alien week" one.
Deus Ex 1+2 are both 75% off. Precursors 50%.

-Balls of Steel Collector Edition for 53€
- Deus Ex Augmented Edition for 40€

Hehe those are exactly the two games I have on pre-order from Amazon.co.uk as well :) .

Metro 2033 - $10 at Direct2Drive. tempted again…

But…. now it says it requires a "3rd party download" to be able to play it. WTF is that?

Usually it mean it use Steamwork and require Steam to play.

if you're subscribed to Paradox emails, the last one came with a Gamersgate code to download Crusader Kings + expansion for free.

If anyone is interested, I can send them my code. I already have the game, so...
You are morally obliged to buy CKII though, if I send it to you. Paradox Interactive deserves our support. :)

In the US, Frys has The Witcher 2 for $35 now through Thursday June 2nd.

Thrasher, you can get a new retail copy of Metro 2033 on Ebay now for about the same price. I seem to recall that you prefer the boxed versions anyways..

66% off all Tom Clancy games that were already dirt cheap at Steam. If youre a fan of the Ghost Recon series, now is the time to get every GR game & expansion ever made for 13.50!

Here's a good one… the entire Age of Wonders series 50% off at GOG this weekend.

I've been wanting to give these a try… is any particular one better than the others?

Shadow Magic is definitely the best - and there are mods to make it even better.

If you're into singleplayer campaigns, you may want to try the others for those as well - but I personally think that would be a waste of time and money, given the gameplay mechanics are less interesting.

BTW, direct2drive.co.uk has Deus Ex:HR Augmented Edition for 35.95 GBP - which is pretty much exactly the same price as Amazon - but I prefer the digital version, personally.

Back
Top Bottom