Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut Trailer - Squad Creation and Tactics

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new trailer for Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut is out:

Brian Fargo demonstrates how you'll build your squad in Wasteland 2: Director's Cut and use tactics to overcome your enemies. Coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Windows, Mac and Linux on October 13th, 2015.
More information.

Inxile really upgraded this game a lot. Fargo you legend

Looks good. I'm really glad I held off on playing the original release. I'll be going into this completely fresh.

I also want to play Wasteland Classic as well.

I'm really glad I held off on playing the original release.
I need to get more disciplined here. But I'm having trouble predicting if a game will get a DC our GotY worth the wait...

Looks pretty good, though I wonder why they're still hiding details of the perks. Those are the ones I'm most interested in.

WOW! They listened to us whining about that ugly green icon infested abomination of 'inventory' and went for the excellent Fallout-style inventory instead. WOW! I see this first time.

Grenade throw indicator:
Still I wouldn't let the employee go home, until he fixes that ridiculously ugly Grenade throw indicator. Were they contesting for Worst GUI solutions and got paid for lameness or what?

- White selection outline on characters - first thing I'll do is look for a MOD that disables it -,
- retarded PERK puppets - its just Bad Art (c) inXile W2 team -
- Glowing Red Enemies pulsating with RED
- Weak combat animations
- Red Paw selectors under fighting(?) characters? Who did that? Fire him!
- Circle Combat Action Selector: can't make out what the icons represent, its ugly and the info communication is badly designed as well as Bad Art again..
- Really ugly GUI colors

At 4:10 I had enough of this abomination and decided I won't give a dime for this game and avoid it like the plague and give a wide berth to Wasteland 2 in the future. Its the perfect example, how a game must not be made at all.. urgh…

Last edited:
I don't know if you are trolling or if you are serious...but to each his own I guess. While Wasteland 2 won't be winning awards in terms of graphic prowess, I think it is still a pretty fun game.

Once the Director's edition is out I will do a second playthrough for sure...And that is something I almost never ever do...so they must have done something right somewhere :).

While much of what you pointed out is true I suppose, at least from your perspective, from my perspective it is cosmetic and doesnt' define the game. I'm not going to say that your comments are shallow but deciding on if a game is fun to play or not based off of minor cosmetics really isn't my style. I.e, there are a lot of pretty but horribly un enjoyable games out there. Anyways while I'm not a hard core rpg'er like some folks I'm mostly happy if the graphics are functional and the game is enjoyable. I.e, I rather play wizardry 8 than cod: advance warfare - not a great comparison since they are totally different games but hopefully the point is made (btw I really liked the early COD but the recent ones have been short and boring).

WOW! They listened to us whining about that ugly green icon infested abomination of 'inventory' and went for the excellent Fallout-style inventory instead. WOW! I see this first time.

Grenade throw indicator:
Still I wouldn't let the employee go home, until he fixes that ridiculously ugly Grenade throw indicator. Were they contesting for Worst GUI solutions and got paid for lameness or what?

- White selection outline on characters - first thing I'll do is look for a MOD that disables it -,
- retarded PERK puppets - its just Bad Art (c) inXile W2 team -
- Glowing Red Enemies pulsating with RED
- Weak combat animations
- Red Paw selectors under fighting(?) characters? Who did that? Fire him!
- Circle Combat Action Selector: can't make out what the icons represent, its ugly and the info communication is badly designed as well as Bad Art again..
- Really ugly GUI colors

At 4:10 I had enough of this abomination and decided I won't give a dime for this game and avoid it like the plague and give a wide berth to Wasteland 2 in the future. Its the perfect example, how a game must not be made at all.. urgh…

Yes, a good review would be welcome, since this game seemed to divide opinion at release. Is Maylander still around? I was very impressed with his Witcher 3 review.

I agree about the white circle outlines on the in game characters, and the crappy "evil baby" icon art for the perks. I will also look for a mod to disable the white outlines, or one that changes that color to something more eye-pleasing. And, granted, the colors of the interface aren't the prettiest in the world, but they are serviceable. I think they will work ok, but sure, they could be a lot more appealing in design as far as colors choice is concerned. That said, these are very minor complaints and I can't wait to play this game. I think it's looking like just the type of isometric old-school rpg goodness that I have been missing for years in modern games.

Maybe the white outline will have a default option for off? We will find out in 6 days.

It certainly makes the game look a lot more appealing to me. I always liked it to some extent, but found it missing a lot of obvious features.

Is this version going to be available at a reduced price or something?

Not that I mind paying full price.

Back
Top Bottom