SimCity; Refunds Offered

They are no longer interested in your money, mine or anyone who wants to be convinced by the necessity (or anything alike) of the online feature

Figures of early sales show that they wont miss your money, mine or anyone's money who wants to be convinced.

The game is over. Studios will shift their production to online gaming.

ChienAboyeur said:
Figures of early sales show that they wont miss your money, mine or anyone's money who wants to be convinced.

I don't think it is that simple. They've sold their game, but at the cost of huge damage to their franchise. I don't think Simcity 6 will be half as successful, particularly if it follows the online model.

Online gaming for single player games needs a very compelling case to appeal to consumers. In a number of examples recently (Simcity, Diablo 3, Command and Conquer 4, perhaps TOR although that is nominally an MMO) the underlying game is simply not good enough to offset the pain of playing online.

PS I own none of these games for this reason.

They are no longer interested in your money, mine or anyone who wants to be convinced by the necessity (or anything alike) of the online feature

Yeah well when they do let me know if every game will have solo campaigns or just be matches agaisnt other people.

That's not entertaining to me at all. That's the reason I hate F2P also. No story no mission s just you playing with others. No appeal to me.

I'm taking about other games her also not a game with a hacked in server connection that has no purpose.

The appealing feature of online games is this: "You can't steal it so you're going to have to actually pay for this one." It's very effective with many people.

Now they are adding a little "pay to win" feature. On the plus side, the player isn't the one that's paying: http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/02/simcity-dlc-nissan-leaf/

Now thats kind of creepy. I'm staying far away from that game :)

I'm interested in the concept, and want to play the game, but don't want to support this one or take the risk. The last sim city is available on steam for 20.00, and there's a game called Cities XL that is comparably priced. Any opinions?

It is $10. Sim 4 is ten years old. And comes with severe game design flaws.

Cities XL was planned to fill the gap in the city builder genre and is actually a precursor to the Sim city 5 online adaptation.It was supposed to work in a similar way: developping partnering cities online. As the studio business plan included milking customers through DLCs and that the game never got the 100,000 customer base that was required to cover the 8 millions euros investment, the developpment of the game was aborted and as a result, the game misses certain major features in the genre.

Besides, the online feature shows as you have to developp cities sequentially:a city is developped until it reaches a certain point of specialization (export/import), then it is time to move to another city to specialize it so it complement the previous city and so on, repeatedly.

If you're looking for a city builder game, you might try out Tropico. $30 on Steam or $40 to throw in Modern Times plus a pile of junk DLC.

If you're looking for a city builder game, you might try out Tropico. $30 on Steam or $40 to throw in Modern Times plus a pile of junk DLC.

I second this. Tropico's not bad just different. You play an Island dictator running your own island kingdom.

When I click on the link, it shows at $9.99.

Tropico 4 is not a city builder. The emphasis of the game is put on the system of governance you want to enforce on the island.

The way to developp the island only comes to support the political vision of your avatar.

It is a game about implementing a dream island based on a political inclination, not city building.

Back
Top Bottom