Demonicon - Pre-Order on Steam Now

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
You can now pre-order Demonicon on Steam, and get 10% off. The game officially unlocks on October 25, and you get the following digital bonuses.
Pre-purchase now and get these digital exclusive items:

• In-game weapon "War Hammer": This powerful gold-chased war hammer once served as a trophy for the winner of the Almadan Toreroquesta. Now, the bullfight takes place wherever this rarity is swung! (available in-game)
  • Main Theme Song "Demon in Me" + Remix (MP3 Format)
  • 16-page digital artbook (PDF Format)
More information.

Last edited:
Link added.:blush: I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it's not a disappointment after the delays.

Me too. I am looking forward to it as a story driven rpg like the Witcher with choices and consequences.

I hope that they will do the melee and magic combat system properly to add to their story.

When was it ever a good idea to pre-order a game to get a weapon that screws up the balance?

Pre-orders and dlc are evil. It's the end of the world because you get an overpowered DLC item your not forced to use.

:end:

Thanks for the laugh guys.:biggrin:

Couch, you really need to get the sand out of your mangina sometime ;)

Couch, you really need to get the sand out of your mangina sometime ;)
Can't help it after reading the same posts more than a thousand times about certain topics. It's quite amazing actually.

Because it doesn't stop being true even after a thousand times I guess. Not using the item that was the reward for your pre-order doesn't seem like such a great alternative, after all.

It looks like a poor man's Gothic.

The environments look great, but the combat seems very chaotic with swarms of enemies going down rather easily. I hate when devs choose to throw a ton of weaker enemies at you rather than more powerful adversaries that require tactics.

The combat doesn't look any better than it did 4 months ago when the first vids started hitting youtube. It's a shame too because I have been following this since hearing about it on the dtp boards back in late 2011. (Back when River of time was the big European RPG)

Will wait and see what people say. Early word is the combat is bland. The videos seem to back that up.

The combat doesn't look any better than it did 4 months ago when the first vids started hitting youtube. It's a shame too because I have been following this since hearing about it on the dtp boards back in late 2011. (Back when River of time was the big European RPG)

Will wait and see what people say. Early word is the combat is bland. The videos seem to back that up.
I have been following it also since it was first developed by Silver Style Studio, and the publisher was TGC.

The original pitch of the game was something like Sacred. The new developers Noumena Studios look like they turned it into something resembling a Witcher clone.

Like I said above hopefully it turns out decent since allot of promised RPGs have been disappointing lately.:(

As much as I like to encourage more RPGs by buying them when they come out, I think I'll wait till I read some reviews here. The trailer doesn't really inspire me to go so far as pre-ordering.

I'm normally in you camp, Sacred, as far as pre-order DLC bonuses go, but I think including a special item and a 10% discount is a pretty minor sin as far as those things go. If it helps them boost their sales a bit then I certainly wouldn't hold it against them. It's not like Rome II charging for entire factions after release so that you would pre-order their beta.

To add some real content to theis STEAM ad:

The boxed CE contains 3 DLC weapons. A p&p module. A manual. A poster. An art book. A soundtrack. A poster. For 60 €.

To add some real content to theis STEAM ad:

The boxed CE contains 3 DLC weapons. A p&p module. A manual. A poster. An art book. A soundtrack. A poster. For 60 €.
We only get the regular boxed edition in the US. How I hate you right now. Looks like I have to import a copy once again. :)

Last edited:
We only get the regular boxed edition in the US. How I hate you right now. Looks like I have to import a copy once again. :)

I did ask them on their forum about collector editions and its only available in Germany (because of the Dark Eye following).

Remember though the product still needs Steam to play regardless.;)

Are you sure? I have asked them about the DRM for retail and they said that it is undecided and will let us know closer to release!

Are you sure? I have asked them about the DRM for retail and they said that it is undecided and will let us know closer to release!

Just a guess because usually US boxed copy's still require Steam. Though I changed it after reading the German forum. Seems they don't know yet how odd.

So it's either Steam or their own DRM. I remember the last release I bought called Dark had both. Here is the what the collector edition looks like for all non-German buyers.

Demonicon-Collectors-Edition.jpg

I'd buy this game from the publishers with no DRM or a key activation. But it doesn't look like it appeals to me enough to buy it through steam or deal with yet another 3rd party DRM.

Back
Top Bottom