Gothic 3 Lumps of sulphur?

lanux128

Sentinel
in Gelden, the Orc chieftain handed me a quest to get 30 lumps of sulphur from the nearby sulphur mine.. and i've managed to gather about 19 lumps & 22 pieces of sulphur, where can i get the rest? learning to mine (prospecting) is no help as it yields only sulphur not lumps of sulphur.. can i buy them from someone in Gelden?

If they are not in that mine maybe they are in one of the other mines around Geldern? I recall having surplus lumps after completing that quest. While I can't tell you exactly where to find those lumps I can give you one tip and that is make sure you have a torch and/or turn up the brightness setting as it is easy to miss lumps in that cave. Also there are several lumps outside the cave around the entrance.

There is one mine to the south of geldern, 2 out of western entrance if you turn left, and one down the path out of the west entrance and also one inside the city. While some of these are gold/ore mines I think there may have been a few lumps in some of them. Might be worth checking.

thanks bjon045, will look inside other mines as well.. :) btw, can a lump of sulphur be broken down to pieces of sulphur and the other way around?

can a lump of sulphur be broken down to pieces of sulphur and the other way around?

No, the same goes for lumps of ore and gold. I kind of think that originally there was supposed to be working smelters (one in Nordmarr just north of Farig) but it seems they never made it into the game.

There should be enough, I've never had a problem. There are a few in the abandoned mine near the rebel main camp though, if you can't find enough in the one near Geldern.

The abandoned mine is easy to find, just head out of the rebel camp, turn right, and run along the ledge till you find a rebel soldier. He'll help you clear out the mine.

thanks for answers, guys! i cleared out the threatening snappers outside the sulphur mine and the orc - Sulfock gave me some lumps of sulphur with which i managed to slove the quest.. thanks again.. :)

No, the same goes for lumps of ore and gold. I kind of think that originally there was supposed to be working smelters (one in Nordmarr just north of Farig) but it seems they never made it into the game.

Yes, you can read it in the description of the gold lump that it can be melted into a lot of gold coins.

Back
Top Bottom