Duke Nukem finally out ?

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Amazon has posted availability - and even pre-orders - since at least '99, when my wife pre-ordered it for me ... I won't believe it until I see it on 3DR's web site from George himself ...

They started over according to a post by Broussard, that was this year, many of the team members basically left due to not being able to say they have put out a game in 10 years, so they needed to move on, iirc.

This is the ONLY place you will hear it from. :)
http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Well, we got Prey and TF2, remember? But even if this rumor is true, it's too late... for me.

I see.

Well, I'm still curious. ;)

Jaz said:
Well, we got Prey and TF2
You don't mean 3DRealms developed those, right? Probably those just the games FPSs your playing now?
Duke 3D was a blast Coop, last time I played about 3 years ago, with some 10 years, whom never played it and it was fun again. :)

JonoF's excellent mod adds, Native Windows and Linux, OpenGL rendering support and True-colour textures support for starters. :)
http://www.jonof.id.au/index.php?p=jfduke3d

Jaz said:
But even if this rumor is true, it's too late... for me.
You know you can't say no to the Duke! :p

Prey *is* a 3DRealms game, but what I meant was that these two games had been announced and reannounced for years as well. First pictures of Prey appeared around the time of Quake's release - it was supposed to be the Quake-buster, remember? And the first decent pics of TF2 were from... um... 2000. So... actually, anything is possible.
Acleacius said:
You know you can't say no to the Duke!
Tell that to my Radeon 7000. It's able to run DN1, 2 and 3D up to the good old Atomic Edition, but that's it.

You know it's all probably for the good - if DNF actually comes out, it could mean the end of the universe as we know it. :cm:

Jaz said:
Prey *is* a 3DRealms game, but what I meant was that these two games had been announced and reannounced for years as well
Ok I see what you mean, I could have sworn you would have know they didn't develop them, but yes I remember and hell Duke3D was a quake buster for me anyways. Sure I played lots of quake and quake 2, mostly Coop, but it was never the same after Duke.
I laughed, I cried and I saw boobies! :biggrin:

Then of course Unreal and HL happened and with the death of id when they released yet another quake (3arena) boring, indoors again and no friggin Coop, it was adios brown, green, red and hello big world of outdoors! :)

Jaz was correct, Prey is a 3D Realms game 100%. Yes, I am aware that Human Head Studios was hired(by 3D Realms) to do the development work, but it was definitely 3D Realm's baby.

The 1996 TF, the '99 UT, CS and 2001 DoD were our most played team games while the coop game we played the longest was Quake 2; while Duke 3D shone primarily in the SP department, it had its multiplayer moments, too. Shrinking and stomping others in Deathmatch was great fun :p...

Yes, JDR13, thanks I never mentioned it wasn't 3DRealms creative idea, only thought the way Jaz worded it, she might have thought 3DRealms whom developed it. :)

Hehe, yeah Stomping was a blast, maybe funnest ever, as your friend tried to run and hide, Muhwahhaahaa! :devilish:

Maybe second best was NoLF 2 and the poodle, once you heard that bark it was all over. :p
Oh wait Shadow Warror, Sticky Bombs!

That's a favorite video of mine, still have the original release and watch it about once a year.

Why? Here's the real story according to the email exchange with Brussard, I just made up. ;)

bill *shithead* gates: WHAT, IT WON"T FIT ON xbox?
GB: No, not even close.
bill *shithead* gates: How about 20 million and you could make it *dumbed down* ?
GB: Nah, will make that in the first day and we're trying to make it state of the art, which only the PC can do.
bill *shithead* gates: HERE"S A BILLION DOLLARS, just keep working on it and we will make a new xbox.
GB:Are you sure that's a lot of money?
bill *shithead* gates: No problemo, bro! Hell here in America when can just get the citizens to pay for it, this is the US of F**king Corporate Welfare America!
Hell, these fools would rather everyone have a gun than an education.
GB:No shit?

As you can see from this real life, made up exchange clearly there is a conspiracy going on. :)

Back
Top Bottom