CD Projekt RED - Cyberpunk Community Q&A Answers

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt Red has provided a handful of the answers to the recent call for questions on Cyberpunk. A sample:
Geralt The Riv: Will the setting be a totally new designed by CDPR(You know like name of the planet, country, state, city etc) or just a mimic of a current location?(New York, L.A. Miaimi etc.....)
MM: Cyberpunk’s story takes place all over the world, but we’re going to focus on it’s most characteristic venue - Night City. One thing is certain, we want to make a game with an open, living world that stays true to the source material.
More information.

A couple of more quotes:
The first part of Deus Ex is also a very important source of inspiration to us.
This is a good news, I adored that game back then and I adore it even today.
We are planning on letting them (players) change their statistics, equipment, implants and much more.
Implants? Finally I get a game where my female protagonist can do a boobs job and then walk in front of mirrors all day long! :D

I just hope they pay more atention to their NPCs , writing, animation feelings
When I play Inquisitor, like any other top down game that relies alot on text, I imagine those emotions, not stare at a 3d model expressionless breaking all the immersion the scenery gave me a minute ago.

Designers should really fix those NPCs that look like shit first, and talk about worlds and shitty details later

We definitely want to give players way more freedom with customization of the main protagonist then they had with Geralt in The Witcher series. We are planning on letting them change their statistics, equipment, implants and much more.
Oh it appears that the protagonist will be still predetermined. :-/

It seems we should wait for another great game from CDP but as far as I know The Witcher devs is not in charge of making Cyberpunk and the game is being made by another new team. This is the only thing about this game makes me worried since I think it should be at least on a par with The Witcher series in all aspects. Nevertheless We'd better wait for some new info and first gameplay videos and screenshots.
Thanks CDP for the answers anyway.

Last edited:
Am I missing something or is the answer given by CDPR not really an answer to the question?

Am I missing something or is the answer given by CDPR not really an answer to the question?

Well you can only say certain things due to contact obligations. I see this all the time during interviews. You just follow what the pr division has coached you to say and that's it.

Hi, as far as the setting goes I think the answer "Night City" tells quite a bit. Night City is an existing setting in the pen-and-paper Cyberpunk 2020 RPG.

According to [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020]Wikipedia[/url], "Cyberpunk 2020, as the name implies, takes place in the year 2020. The game's default setting is the fictional Night City located between Los Angeles and San Francisco on the west coast of the United States (near San Jose, California)."

Implants? Finally I get a game where my female protagonist can do a boobs job and then walk in front of mirrors all day long! :D

Ha! I'll create a low strength character, but I'll have calf implants and fake biceps to look strong anyways.

This game does sound pretty great, and I hope it comes out before the end of 2013 (Although I know that is unlikely) That would be mean Wasteland 2, Shadowrun Returns and this in one year :).

@Couchpotato: However never changing the interest in interviews... They might let something slip... :D

Hi, as far as the setting goes I think the answer "Night City" tells quite a bit. Night City is an existing setting in the pen-and-paper Cyberpunk 2020 RPG.

According to [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberpunk_2020]Wikipedia[/url], "Cyberpunk 2020, as the name implies, takes place in the year 2020. The game's default setting is the fictional Night City located between Los Angeles and San Francisco on the west coast of the United States (near San Jose, California)."

Thanks! So that was actually the answer. Had never contact to that RPG setting...

@Couchpotato: However never changing the interest in interviews… They might let something slip… :D

Oh they sometimes do and they cause a pr nightmare. It might even get them fired from the job later on.

Sounds very interesting so far, could be the best scifi RPG since... eh, honestly can't remember what it might have been (ME series was more like an action movie thingy really), hopefully kind of what I hoped from Deus Ex: Human Fail. Very welcome effort in any case.

Ha! I'll create a low strength character, but I'll have calf implants and fake biceps to look strong anyways.

Ah, you'll play Captain America role? Not a bad idea... But I'll stick with boobs. :)

Back
Top Bottom