DA:Inquisition - Pre-Loading & New Trailers

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
So are you tired of all the Dragon Age: Inquisition news in the last two weeks? I hope you aren't as I have more to share today. Up first EA shares new you can now pre-load.

Starting today, those who have pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition can download and install the game early, making it available for play the second it’s available on November 18. With the world on the brink of collapse, there’s no time to waste.

Just launch Origin, click on the My Games tab, then click on the Dragon Age: Inquisition tile in your Origin Games Library. After the game finishes downloading, it will be installed automatically. That's easier than convincing a templar that not all mages are obsessed with blood magic!
Next I have two more trailers I found today for everyone to watch. The first video shares more footage, ans information on the games Tactical Camera.

The second trailer talks about Classes & Specializations.

That's all for today check back tomorrow for more news.
smiley-wink.gif

More information.

i never played DAs more than once. (of orcs and men i probably did 3 times)
You think this is gonna be the one?

i never played DAs more than once. (of orcs and men i probably did 3 times)
You think this is gonna be the one?

I think that depends more the type of game that you like than anything else...

I hope they pay you well for this relentless promotion of a crappy game...

I hope they pay you well for this relentless promotion of a crappy game…

How did you get an advanced copy? I'm very skeptical about Inquisition and am waiting for reviews from here and people I trust before considering getting it but calling it a crappy game at this point just doesn't show an open mind.

Starting today, those who have pre-ordered Dragon Age: Inquisition can download and install the game early, making it available for play the second it’s available on November 18. With the world on the brink of collapse, there’s no time to waste.
The world on the brink of collapse can't play it on November 18.
Only NA. And Brasil.

Well we have had a deluge of information now, so forming an opinion should be permissible.

Jeez, EA is really pouring it on. It's sad to see so much money going into all this hype. I guess they think it's worth it to get on those Christmas lists before Black Friday. By mid-January the console sales will switch over to the used game market.

What I'd like to know is why I would need to tell my ranged companion to stay back? Aren't there party formation settings and/or AI settings, or will he rush in point blank if I don't tell him otherwise?

EA has had what they call Early Access for Xbox users. On the Bioware forums there are certain users reviews out which played the game for 6-12 hours. Here's one from Cantina. Her grade - so far - is B- . which might improve.

Here's her conclusion:

After play six hours one day and another six the next day, I will say this game is amazing and addictive. I was sad when both of my six hours were up. As a fan of the DA series, I am impressed but that does not diminish my disappointments which I listed earlier. If you’re new to the DA world and this will be your first game, I suggest you go back and play the first two games. It will get your better acquainted with the DA world. Not to mention DAO was freaking awesome.This game will no doubt take you several weeks to complete everything, if not months. Unless you’re a hardcore Redbull drinking gamer. LOL!My final advice is this: Take your time, explore and enjoy the game. There are lots of things hidden from view.

Here's another user review 9.5/10 from Immortal Baw Faw

I know these aren't professional review but they are mini-reviews from gamers who actually have played the game. And so far I like what I'm hearing…

Last edited:
What I'd like to know is why I would need to tell my ranged companion to stay back? Aren't there party formation settings and/or AI settings, or will he rush in point blank if I don't tell him otherwise?

As far as I can tell from both the reviews and the things that the Bioware devs. has told us on the DA forums there are AI settings. However, the if, then part of the followers' AI has gone.

The thing that finally pushed me over the edge to pre-order was the fact that EA felt comfortable enough with the final product to open up the review embargo a full week ahead of release. And they've been rewarded with some good reviews and good press from both DA fans and those unfamiliar with the prior games. I haven't purchased/played a Bioware game in a long time, but I've got a good feeing that this is the one that pulls me back into the fold.

As far as I can tell from both the reviews and the things that the Bioware devs. has told us on the DA forums there are AI settings. However, the if, then part of the followers' AI has gone.
Eh?

Okay, I'm preordering the game and will be regular on EA HQ DA3 tech section so we have fresh info on beeeeeeeeewgs.

My only real concern, after pre-ordering, is performance. I play PC games on a big-screen TV at 1920x1080 and I meet all the minimum requirements easily except one. My graphics card is a 2 GB AMD 7850 and the recommended is a 7870. I'm assuming my 16 GB of RAM should compensate a bit, perhaps, but I know at some point it just comes down to raw power on the GPU. Anybody else in my boat and thinking of a graphics card upgrade? I heard one of the Bio devs say that his standard Dev box in the office had a 7850 and it seemed to play just fine.

I don't want another Witcher 2 experience where I spend the first few hours of the game constantly jiggering around with AA settings and whatnot… depth of field… tesselation… etc… ugh, hate that stuff. Just want to play.

My only real concern, after pre-ordering, is performance. I play PC games on a big-screen TV at 1920x1080 and I meet all the minimum requirements easily except one. My graphics card is a 2 GB AMD 7850 and the recommended is a 7870. I'm assuming my 16 GB of RAM should compensate a bit, perhaps, but I know at some point it just comes down to raw power on the GPU. Anybody else in my boat and thinking of a graphics card upgrade? I heard one of the Bio devs say that his standard Dev box in the office had a 7850 and it seemed to play just fine.

I don't want another Witcher 2 experience where I spend the first few hours of the game constantly jiggering around with AA settings and whatnot… depth of field… tesselation… etc… ugh, hate that stuff. Just want to play.

I feel you.

I've been talking to my partner about trying to arrange a gfx upgrade for me. I'm running a Radeon 7770 1gb...and it's the weak spot in my system - like you, I have 16gb ram. With this game, the Witcher 3 coming up, and all the other stuff I want to play, I don't think my graphics card will handle it well. And I don't want a lagfest. I spent all of junior high and high school with crappy laggy computers, and I'm tired of it and I don't want to do it anymore. :)

Have you people look at the low/high setting comparisons? (video might be considered spoilery for the scenery).

There isn't that much difference between low and ultra. Except for the shiny hair issues, but that might be fixed on day1 patch.

Back
Top Bottom