Orban Says He Seeks to End Liberal Democracy in Hungary

zahratustra

SasqWatch
"The global financial crisis in 2008 showed that “liberal democratic states can’t remain globally competitive,” Orban said on July 26 at a retreat of ethnic Hungarian leaders in Baile Tusnad, Romania:
I don't think that our European Union membership precludes us from building an illiberal new state based on national foundations,” Orban said, according to the video of his speech on the government’s website. He listed Russia, Turkey and China as examples of “successful” nations, “none of which is liberal and some of which aren't even democracies.”
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...eeks-to-end-liberal-democracy-in-hungary.html

The man finally flipped...

Who is Orban? I am not really an expert in Hungarian politics... is he someone with authority or such ?

He is the Prime Minister of Hungary. Yes... this idiot is in charge, right in the middle of Europe, right in the European Union. And plenty of others of his ilk gaining voters and power all over Europe. It's very worrying.

Oooops, that appears really crazy, especially to list russia as a succesfull "nation" given recent developments.

So people voted on him in Hungary to get him into power ?

All he is saying is that he wants to keep Hungary Hungarian and remove foreign agencies funded by slimeballs like George Soros from the country.

As he says, these are not really grass roots organizations but they are paid for by foreign interests to promote foreign interests. In the US they are all over the place. They might have some name like American Patriot Society but they are funded by shady people to do shady things with political and economic repercussions.

NGOs spent 5 billion in Ukraine right before the revolution started. They basically overthrew a whole country. I'd think sane people would be a bit alarmed by that, but nope the same people who own all the news sources also own these NGOs so of course not.

Hungary, btw, is doing better than greece by far and didn't take on any debt to do it. Someone says they don't want to have foreign banks buying their elections and the press calls them nazis. Really pathetic.

Can't believe I find FIDESZ-propaganda even here.

Please stop this bulls..t. Orban is clearly in love with the Russian way of "democracy" Even this pathetic attack against civil organisations is a cutout copy of what his new friend did in Russia.

BTW, when Soros paid his studies back then, that was not a problem.

That's anti FIDESZ propaganda szokol and was meant to show stupidity of this man. Haven't you noticed my comment at the bottom ?

That's anti FIDESZ propaganda szokol and was meant to show stupidity of this man. Haven't you noticed my comment at the bottom ?

I replied to ManWhoJaped, maybe it wasn't clear.

He is just a troll. Don't waste your time.

He is just a troll. Don't waste your time.

You are completely full of it. The guy is railing against foreign propaganda and NGOs that funnel money into politics. If you think that is OK no wonder europe is such a mess today.

Back in the 50s Dole pineapple owned huge chunks of land in south america. So much so that there was not enough farmland to grow food in some countries. So one country's leader decided to nationalize that land, not take it outright but buy it for the amount stated as the value by the company itself. Well, he was immediately overthrown because of monetary and political pressure exerted by Dole pineapple.

And that's just a freaking pineapple company. Under Yeltsin all of Russia was heavily raided by corrupt politicians and US corporations. The crackdown on NGOs comes from this, not from some hatred of democracy and freedom which they supposedly represent. I can't even conceive anyone would be so ignorant as to think these groups are really about "democracy and freedom" or that Russia is even less democratic than the west. Russia is more independent from US corporations, and they have been painting him literally as the new Hitler for this reason alone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom