What games are you playing now?

So how is the control overall? Reason I ask is because I'm thinking about getting the pc version for the higher resolution plus the little bit of extra material it includes.

I had a rough time at first (default config is pretty wacked), but once I configured the gamepad to my liking it got way better. Still, it's aiming with a stick, you know. Kinda pain in the tail in my opinion. It's still fun, and I'm getting by, but it's just frustrating to have something coming directly at you and keep shooting slightly to the left then right then back again. That's console for ya tho. There is no mouse control, and you can theoretically do it all via keyboard if you like. Really tho, I cant think of anything that sounds more torturous than aiming with a keyboard. That's like reserved for condemned gamers in the 6th circle of Hell or something.

I think the game looks really good, I'm pretty impressed so far with the level of detail. I dont know what res I'm playing at off the top of my head, since I'm here at work, but I know it looks pretty damn good.

Worth the purchase? Ive already gotten my 20 bucks worth of amusement in my opinion, and all Ive done so far is fight zombies and some dude with a chainsaw. I'm havin a blast

Thanks Sammy, I've already played through it back when it first came out on Gamecube, but I think I might pick up the PC version for a good price just to have it. It's one of those rare games that's worth owning multiple copies of imo.

i finally kicked the kingdoms fix a couple of weeks back. mostly been playing chosen which is easily the best budget and hack and slash rpg i've ever played. better than the dungeon sieges which i never finished, titan quest which i did, and all of the diablos which while i haven't played for 6 years i still had countless replays. sure this game is lacking in dialog, and meaningful choices in story or character development but ever thing else is near perfect, and has lots of novel gameplay elements. in my opinon this is one of the best engine camera systems out there for a non full 3d (1st or 3rd) game. if i had mod skills i would love to start remaking some of the ultimas with this engine. oh and the past few days or so i've been drawn back into an anachronox replay i started in the spring. its fall and i'm falling back in love with the best game ever made.

I'm all over the place right now ... yesterday I actually played a little bit of all of the following games:

PC:
- HL2: Episode 2
- Portal
- Team Fortress 2
- NWN2: MotB
- The Chosen
- Shadowgrounds: Survivor (preview build)
- Jedi Knight (10th anniversary replay)
- Guild Wars: Eye of the North (got shut down due to some exploit, which gave me some TF2 time)

DS:
- Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- Flipper Critters (crappy pinball)

PSP:
- Star Wars: Renegade Squadron
- Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
- finally finished Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow

... now back to writing about the other stuff I've finished ...

:speechless::faint: Do you really play them or do you just hit the turn on button and then move to the next one? lol I don't know how you do it Mike.........:highfive: But heres to you.

Still working on Bioshock. I don't generally get excited about shooters and I'm terrible at them, but I'm having a pretty good time so far. I think using the "easy" difficulty might actually be a bit too easy, at least after 3 maps.

I am currently playing:

-- EVE Online
-- Everquest 2

Just started Zoo Tycoon again. I just love the little animals.

I'm not sure if I've posted in this thread before... Oh well.

I'm playing DotA for Warcraft 3, with the occasional Pro Evolution Soccer 6 match. I'm trying to get into NWN2 MotB, with no real luck so far. I need to give it more time, but university makes sure I don't feel like I quite have that time (even though uni takes suprisingly little time). So I allways end up playing DotA instead (it's perfect for when you feel like doing something besides studying).

Übereil

Just started Zoo Tycoon again. I just love the little animals.

There is too much poo in this exibit!

Zoo Tycoon is good fun.

I continue to be not playing much of anything at all, more like dabbling in this and that but not committing to anything and playing a lot of demos of mostly older titles that I've missed in the past.

Currently playing a bit of GTA San Andreas (I think I'm nearly finished after, oh, two years!) and trying to figure out Pax Romana. Been dabbling with the demo of Defcon and Seven Kingdoms II. Still pondering giving Baldur's Gate II another go and futzing around with Civilization III every once and a while. Also giving Sim City 4 a spin. I have games of CivCity Rome and Anno 1701 on the backburner too.

I've started to play NWN2: MotB. But I don't have much time for it.

Also on-line game called: tribes (plemiona). I want to conquer my boyfriend village ;).

I'm in much the same state as Gallifrey, dabbling here and there. I plowed straight through The Chosen:Well of Souls and actually finished it, and now I'm struggling to get into Mask of the Betrayer. Going from a super easy, thought-free interface and painless camera to a convoluted gui that I've totally forgotten and an aggravating camera makes me give up a bit too easily. :) But that frees me up to putter around with Depths of Peril and various demos.

Speaking of which, how is the Seven Kingdoms II demo, Gallifrey? I've heard good things about the series somewhere but can't recall now where.

The Seven Kingdoms II demo is so far pretty good. I've run through 3 or 4 of the tutorials so far and while it hasn't wowed me it's keeping me intrigued enough to want to see more.

So far, the basic outlay is that you build up your network of towns by taking them over using an influence system. Once they're yours you set up networks of trade and such between them as well as with allies. I haven't got to the diplomacy and espionage tutorials yet.
Management is pretty standard RTS fare, but base building is more interesting and there seems to be more detail in terms of how you relate to the world around you (ie diplomacy, espionage, trade).

At the same time though it kind of feels like Rise Of Nations, which in turn kind of felt like a real-time Civlization, so in some ways I'm failing to see the real appeal here. It's got a fantasy motif as well with the presence of a monstrous race, which is sort of ok.

I'll need more time with it before being able to make a clearer assessment.

Well, at least it doesn't seem to have a crappy combat element. :) I agree that it doesn't sound all that different from some of the other strat games out there. I'm pretty happy with Dominions or MOO2 or Emperor when I need a quick jolt of micromanagement so this one can wait a bit. Thanks for the info. :)

Well, at least it doesn't seem to have a crappy combat element. :) I agree that it doesn't sound all that different from some of the other strat games out there. I'm pretty happy with Dominions or MOO2 or Emperor when I need a quick jolt of micromanagement so this one can wait a bit. Thanks for the info. :)

Yeah.. I've played it a bit more and remain unenthused. I think it would have been great when it initially came out, but playing it now I'm just reminded of other games that have similar elements but done better. If I want to build a sprawling empire in a fictional world with real-world names I'll play Civilization and that has the bonus of being turn-based. But if I wanted real-time I could go for Rise Of Nations.
Now, if I want to establish a smaller-scale civilization and trade with others, I'll play Anno, or if I want a more in-depth resource supply-and-demand manager I'll play any number of city builders.

Seven Kingdoms is just, at this point in time, lost in the middle of it all.

Just started on Half-Life 2 : Episode Two.

So far, it's good, clean Half-Life fun. There's been much shooting, some blowing up of things, some physics puzzles (including one pretty ridiculous one that would, in reality, leave you as a wet stain), more Alyx talking to herself, and some Vortigaunts making ironic remarks. All of it looking gorgeous, except they still don't quite manage to make rocks that look like rocks.

I finished Episode 2 last night. While it doesn't do anything revolutionary in the genre, it was loads of fun.

That final battle left me breathless, I'm hard pressed to think of many levels in any FPS I've played that was as chaotic as defending that rocket silo.

Back
Top Bottom