Dragon Age - Comic Book Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
BioWare continues to explore other mediums for Dragon Age, with a comic book announced to be written by Orson Scott Card:
BioWare, EA and IDW Publishing are very proud to announce the upcoming Dragon Age comic book.

Electronic Arts and IDW Publishing have entered into an agreement to expand our video game properties with new comics on Dragon Age and Army of Two.

Dragon Age will be written by acclaimed writer Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game, Ultimate Iron Man) with covers by super artist Humberto Ramos (Crimson, Runaways Vol. 3).
More information.

They should have had Orson Scott Card write the novels instead of the comic and it would have turned out better.

Oh I don't know DG did okay and at least he isn't some bitter homophobe who seems to write a lot about victimized children.

Oh I don't know DG did okay and at least he isn't some bitter homophobe who seems to write a lot about victimized children.

Interesting take on Orson Scott Card there wolfgrimdark.
Do you have any evidence or examples to back it up?
Or is this just common knowledge that I have never come across?

http://atheism.about.com/b/2004/01/03/orson-scott-card-criminalize-homosexual-behavior.htm

Laws against homosexual behavior should remain on the books, not to be indiscriminately enforced against anyone who happens to be caught violating them, but to be used when necessary to send a clear message that those who flagrantly violate society's regulation of sexual behavior cannot be permitted to remain as acceptable, equal citizens within that society.

The goal of the polity is not to put homosexuals in jail. The goal is to discourage people from engaging in homosexual practices in the first place, and, when they nevertheless proceed in their homosexual behavior, to encourage them to do so discreetly, so as not to shake the confidence of the community in the polity's ability to provide rules for safe, stable, dependable marriage and family relationships.

Wow, that really is a shame.
He can make you feel for a completely alien hive mind but is so closed minded of humans.

That sucks since I was thinking of reading some of his books since I heard they were good. That pretty much throws that idea out since I won't willingly support closed minded people.

PS. It isn't a big loss since I don't usually read Sci-Fi and mostly read Fantasy.

I have read some books from him, in particular the Alvin Maker which is fantasy and not SF I think (though, there is a thin line between the two sometimes imo).

I didn't knew about his closed mindedness, but that wouldn't have stopped me from reading his books (I borrowed from the library anyway).

Wow! I can't wait to read the comics. I like Card's work. Since I'm heterosexual, I have no problem with Orson not liking gays. I'll take a book back if it has flagrantly gay characters. I'm sorry, I don't want to read about male sausage lovers. It's as sickening to me as pedophilia or bestiality.

I posted this just to offset the people who are intolerant of folks who are intolerant of gays. You guys are just as guilty as Orson. Do you see this? I'm not going to argue the point with anyone, as the post is about Dragon Age, not homosexuality.
For what it's worth, I'm not a Bible thumper. I don't belong to any church, synagogue, temple, etc.

Since I'm heterosexual, I have no problem with Orson not liking gays.

Your self-centered demeanor is charming.

I suppose that you have no problem with female genital mutilation, since you're not female.

Or pedophelia, since you're not a child.

Or even, human rights, because likely yours have never been in danger of being revoked.

You sir, make me want to vomit.

Not worth the effort so deleted this post.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom