What games are you playing now?

I like the demo! Let us know what you think when you finish it.

I'm about 1/2 through right now, and I'm *really* enjoying it. It's a must-play for anyone who's a fan of pure shooters like Serious Sam or Painkiller. It's got that same type of addicting gameplay that will have you replaying certain levels just to try to get a better rating or to find more secrets.

I didn't even realize the GBA had been around that long. ;)

Hey, did you ever finish that playthrough of Valkyria Chronicles?

Will do it later. ^^ I have to finish up the PS2 game Mana Khemia 2. ^^

In Valkyria Chroncles, I'm stuck on that Sylvaria boss with the battlefield, while I need to capture as fast as possible the enemy main base camp.

And GBA games can be that long, since I have the Original DS. ^^

After Bethesda Softworks' contact, I'm so happy to see that Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth is running fine and without problems. I'm enjoying this Lovecraft's novel-based game to the fullest. :D

I'm now lost to his world. :D So surreal. If the technology was a bit more advanced, this game would have the best graphic details and gave it much more quality to other sections as well. :D

This game is more like stealth/psychological thriller, and reminds me more of Penumbra. :D

After Bethesda Softworks' contact, I'm so happy to see that Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of The Earth is running fine and without problems. I'm enjoying this Lovecraft's novel-based game to the fullest. :D

I'm now lost to his world. :D So surreal. If the technology was a bit more advanced, this game would have the best graphic details and gave it much more quality to other sections as well. :D

This game is more like stealth/psychological thriller, and reminds me more of Penumbra. :D

It is a shame that they never had time to properly finish the game (which is obvious in the games second half) :( Dark corners of the earth is a seriously flawed gem of a game.

Useless trivia: The company behind the game (Headfirst) had actually closed down before the PC version was finished. A single person stayed behind, even though the company no longer officially existed, and did the PC port. This is why you have so few options, he simply did not have the time or money to do more.

It is a shame that they never had time to properly finish the game (which is obvious in the games second half) :( Dark corners of the earth is a seriously flawed gem of a game.

Useless trivia: The company behind the game (Headfirst) had actually closed down before the PC version was finished. A single person stayed behind, even though the company no longer officially existed, and did the PC port. This is why you have so few options, he simply did not have the time or money to do more.

So that was the unknown reason of this project being stopped. What a pity. :( Did they say they might revive their project in the future?

So that was the unknown reason of this project being stopped. What a pity. :( Did they say they might revive their project in the future?

I think you misunderstood what he meant. Dark Corners of The Earth was obviously finished (enough) and released, but parts of it felt incomplete due to a lack of work from the developers. Since that company no longer exist, there could be no further work on it.

It's still a decent game, imo, but it does feel a bit rushed towards the end, and some parts were a little buggy.

I see... Now I understand this point. About being buggy, I already noticed some bugs/glitches.

To fix them, I had to save earlier and restart them to the point that I can pass through the places.

Speaking of Lovecraft, what happened with the other games? Still yet to hear any news there? It's a pity they stopped releasing them. I'd love to play the rest... :(

Thanks to Stephen King, Lovecraft and the rest, I can see horror/psychological thriller nightmares and fantasy/adventure dreams.

DCotE is a wonderful survival horror, especially if you like Lovecraft. The first half was truly frightening, especially that chase through town with no means to defend yourself. But once you get a good weapon it devolves into a shooter. Oh well...

JDR13 got it right, that was what I meant. Still, don't let that discourage you, because even if the factory level was quite bad, the later parts of the game still have some good sections, so force yourself through that level if you have to.

I've decided to give Dead Island another try.

After spending a few hours trying to mod and tweak the game to make it a bit more realistic, I have to say I'm very disappointed in the mod community for this game. There just aren't that many mods out there, and what's out there isn't very good.

I ended up just going with a mod that completely removes the onscreen HUD, which I tweaked to show only the player's health. I'm also using Nvidia Inspector to force antialiasing, which afaik isn't possible any other way.

I'm only 5% through the main quest atm, but I guess I'm enjoying it enough.

Back
Top Bottom