What games are you playing now?

Well, I've finished Jedi Knight. It holds up remarkably well for its age, but I still find the later levels a bit lacking. Still, only one of them, the escape from a crashing ship, is actually annoying. Unlike JK2, I think this one's strongest on the pre-lightsaber levels. Even though it's a bit dated, I enjoyed it a lot more than I have any FPS in years. It kinda makes me want to play JK2. There is Mysteries of the Sith, but I don't remember that one being very good, and I can't remember where I found a graphics fix for it.

I'm working away next week, so my gaming's going to be limited to what will run well on my laptop. So I'm thinking Dungeon Keeper 2, maybe Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds (carrying on the theme), and my standby for when I'm travelling, Dungeons of Dredmor.

There is Mysteries of the Sith, but I don't remember that one being very good, and I can't remember where I found a graphics fix for it.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/32390/discussions/0/618453594760738940/

Also, did you have BGM when you played JK? I just realized the original release had music that the digital releases don't have. There's a fix for that as well.

It's been too long since I've played the original though for me to remember if I preferred it with the BGM.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/32390/discussions/0/618453594760738940/

Also, did you have BGM when you played JK? I just realized the original release had music that the digital releases don't have. There's a fix for that as well.

It's been too long since I've played the original though for me to remember if I preferred it with the BGM.

Ah, that's the bunny. I got the music, but I had that even before I applied the fix, so maybe GOG sorted it out. I may give MotS a quick try while I'm used to JK, just to see how my memory holds up.

Ah, that's the bunny. I got the music, but I had that even before I applied the fix, so maybe GOG sorted it out. I may give MotS a quick try while I'm used to JK, just to see how my memory holds up.

Ah ok.. I didn't think the GOG version was that much better, but, after viewing some threads at GOG, it seems their version runs a lot smoother for most people in Win 7&8, and they fixed the music too. I guess I'll purchase a copy from there as well.

Now we just need someone to make a hi-res patch for Dark Forces...

Someone was working on a more modern engine for Dark Forces, but every time I've looked over the last few years it's been at the same point. Someone was also working on recreating it in Jedi Academy, but I think that ended up stalling, too.

I just ran through the first level of MotS, and it's… not as good. It instantly feels a lot lower budget. The level design was a bit dull after JK, too. Maybe if I played it a few months after the original game I wouldn't notice as much as I do playing it right away. I'm not sure I'll stick with it, since the only bit I remember enjoying was breaking into a Hutt's palace. I could be playing Jedi Academy instead!

Someone was working on a more modern engine for Dark Forces, but every time I've looked over the last few years it's been at the same point. Someone was also working on recreating it in Jedi Academy, but I think that ended up stalling, too.

I was really into the JK2 community while that was going on - recreating Dark Forces as a JK2 mod ... they got the first three levels and it was pretty cool and had a whole team and everything. Then delays, then they jumped to using Jedi Academy as the base ... then they got to an official demo, and pretty much that was it ...

Which is too bad because what they did was pretty cool.

I think it is interesting how game engines advanced - I think JK2 holds up better for total play experience now 13 years later than I felt JK1 did back in 2002! Those earlier games really felt the forces of time :)

I think it is interesting how game engines advanced - I think JK2 holds up better for total play experience now 13 years later than I felt JK1 did back in 2002! Those earlier games really felt the forces of time :)

JK2 and JA still feel like relatively modern games, but without all the blur and filters and console-centricism. I think I still enjoy JK more than JK2, but JA is the most fun. The short, varied levels, improved lightsaber combat, and pseudo-RPG character creation make it easier to pick up and play.

Playing King's Bounty: Dark Side. So far it's been better than I thought. Yes, it's the same game we've played 3 times before, but the fact that you start with the evil factions, which normally you'd get access late in the game, plus the whole headquarters system, feels fresh enough for me so far. Playing Hard as the demoness, already at about 70 hours and feels like I'm only halfway there, so I might get bored eventually, but right now I'm still enjoying it.

Well, after reaching the end fight of Veil of Darkness, and discovering that it's bugged out and can't be completed, I've switched to The Summoning. While they share an engine and are very similar, The Summoning is a straight up dungeon crawl RPG, vs the adventure game style of VoD. The Summoning, from memory, also doesn't have critters which are unkillable at all and must simply be ran from and avoided.

Of course, I never completed the Summoning, as there is a teleport maze which, due to the limited grapihcs and the identicle rooms, is very frustrating.

Still on bloody AC:Unity.
I wish The Witcher 3 was already released so I don't have to force myself to play more and finish this garbage of a game.

Already posted on Ubi forum if they plan to make AC:London (AC:Syndicate) like Unity, I'm not buying it.

I was thinking of playing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood just for kicks. I think I read a few reviews where the game play is only about 15 hours.

I was thinking of playing Wolfenstein: The Old Blood just for kicks. I think I read a few reviews where the game play is only about 15 hours.

According to the reviews I have read it is much shorter than that at about eight hours but I have also seen claims of rushing through in only three hours. The current average on HowLongToBeat for Main+Extra seems to confirm the eight hours reports but the sample number (polled people) is still pretty low, of course.
I guess it depends a little on whether you go out of your way to pick up every single collectible (or unlock all the nifty perks). If you do that, then you might be able to extend the play time VERY significantly.
Personally, I'm near the end of chapter 2 and have played three or four hours so far but I'm taking it easy, playing stealthy whenever possible and exploring the levels rather carefully (not trying too hard to find the collectibles but I don't just want to rush by either).

Battle Brothers - I can't stop playing this raw diamond of a game, brilliant!

Still clearing the map in MMX. I feel like I wasted my uplay points unlocking the Meow dungeon. With a name like Meow I should have known better. Party is level 27 currently and my pack horse is almost full again.

Speaking of Might and Magic X, I'm playing The Falcon and The Unicorn DLC. It's a plot that takes place after the main storyline and includes several new locations and enemies. It's brutally difficult almost to the point of feeling cheap.

Also reinstalled The Witcher 2. I'm considering running through it prior to TW3 just to refresh my memory. It's short enough where I could probably start playing tomorrow and be finished before TW3 is released.

Yes, same party, and you will have your inventory, although…

All of your equipment and items are taken from you for the duration of one of the primary quests.
The DLC automatically begins after the end credits.

I never used the pack horse, but I assume any items would carry over into the DLC.

I played the entire game with Edwin (+10% XP) and used the second slot for quest-related NPCs.

Back
Top Bottom