Half-Life 1 remake

Nice. Been waiting for it forever. It has been in development for ages and at one time they were aiming at a 2009 release.

That trailer is 3 years old? Probably it looks much better now?

It's been in development for about 7 years. In fact, the final level isn't even finished yet. The way I understand it, they're going to finish, but they didn't want the fans to have to wait any longer to be able to play it.

I have been playing a little it's really impressive.

I missed Half-Life 1 due to my lack of a modern PC during that era of gaming and my current distaste for early 3D (still waiting on a Deus Ex 1 remake!) so this is the best! I haven't gotten too far in it, but it's sure neat. A lot of the voice acting is worse than a low budget European RPG though! Were these files copied over from the original HL or is it new recordings? It's painful at times. :(

It certainly is impressive, but I ran into a couple bugs in the early stages. That security guys that protects you in the beginning got locked into a "non-shooting" mode and just stood there taking hits from a zombie. Since you have no weapon at that point, there seemed to be no way to progress.

I think I'll wait for a couple of patches. But it was a nice nostalgic ride and the production values are fantastic for a mod.

He's pretty useless anyway can't you just pick up his gun if he dies? The flares lying around a pretty handy.

He's pretty useless anyway can't you just pick up his gun if he dies? The flares lying around a pretty handy.

The problem was that he didn't die :)

I'm sure there are ways around this, but I found it somewhat problematic and it ruined the immersion. I'm not a big shooter fan, anyway - and I have no problem waiting for patches to polish it up a bit.

Cool news! I'm definitely going to download this assap.

And I also wonder why valve hasn't spoken even a single word about ep3 or hl3. EP2 had quite a cliffhanger after all.

I just made a mad dash past the baddies cuz shooty guy wasn't being so helpful and eventually found the crowbar.

I finally started playing this last night, and all I can say is…wow! I am beyond impressed. This might be the best gaming experience I've had so far this year.

I finally understand why this took so long to create. They took one of the best first-person shooters ever made and actually made it better. It's almost as if I'm playing Half-Life for the very first time again.

And I also wonder why valve hasn't spoken even a single word about ep3 or hl3. EP2 had quite a cliffhanger after all.

I've lost a lot of respect for Valve because of their refusal to even address questions about the fate of the HL franchise. Next month will mark 5 years since the release of Episode 2, and it's starting to seem possible that they've abandoned the series.

clearly they're waiting for next gen consoles, left 4 dead and portal are both at number 2 so its still possible for them to make half life 3 before those become trilogies. since it seems to be getting good reviews it might be a good time to start from scratch. i never played shooters when the original came out, save hybrids like thief, deus-ex and system shock, and was underwhelmed when trying ot get into half life 2.

does the remake have the entire story?

clearly they're waiting for next gen consoles

And they couldn't just admit that's the reason? No, I think there's more to it than that. Besides, the Source engine would have been perfectly fine for HL 2: EP3.

Personally, I think Valve has grown fat and lazy off the success of Steam.

does the remake have the entire story?

If by story you mean plot, it's completely unchanged from the original game. If you're talking about levels, they're still in the process of completing the final area.

Back
Top Bottom