Ghostlight LTD - Petition To Translate All Elminage Games

D

Deleted User

Hello everyone!

A few days ago I created an online petition aimed at Ghostlight Games. I wanted to see how much interest there was in the Elminage series of games, and I urged Ghostlight to translate all of the Elminage games, old and new.

Why does it matter? Well, I happen to think that Elminage is sort of a modern day Wizardry game. It is closely modeled after the first few Wizardry games, but unfortunately, most of the series remains in Japanese. Ghostlight has translated Elminage Gothic and released it on PC, so there is hope that they can translate the other games in the series going forward.

Please sign this petition and show Ghostlight that you care about these games. If enough people sign, I'm sure Ghostlight would consider translating the games and releasing them on PC for all of us dungeon-crawler RPG fans to enjoy.

https://www.change.org/p/ghostlight-games-translate-all-elminage-games

The Elminage series is a popular dungeon-crawl RPG series in Japan. The games are modeled after the old-school Wizardry games, and Elminage in many ways can be considered the modern generation's Wizardry series.

If the Elminage games aren't translated to English, English-speaking gamers would take a devastating hit. English-speaking gamers need to experience this generation's Wizardry games, aka the Elminage games.

Imagine if the original Wizardry games were never made in English. What a travesty that would be for RPG gamers worldwide. That is the type of travesty that could happen if these excellent dungeon-crawl RPGs are not translated to English.

All Elminage games should be translated and brought to a Western audience, and all Elminage games going forward should be translated as well.

Please make this important event happen. Give us all the Elminage games in the series!
More information.

Signed.

Good luck with this Fluent. More Elminage is a good thing.

You've got my signature. Have you played Lord of Xulima yet, Fluent? I'm playing it now and have the feeling you might like it.

I haven't played LoX yet, but I do own it. I'm pretty sure I would greatly enjoy it I just haven't had the time to properly dive in yet.

Signed.

Good luck with this Fluent. More Elminage is a good thing.

You guys rock. Thanks so much for signing!

Please, please, PLEASE tell a friend or someone you know who may be interested. I am in constant contact with the devs of Ghostlight, and I feel they will definitely consider this if there is enough interest. We have to get those signatures. =)

For those that aren't aware, these are pretty much modern Wizardry games in Japan. If we can get these games translated we will have at least 4 new Wizardry-style games to play, as well as whatever games are created after these first 4. Who knows..the series could stretch to 8, 9, 10 games! That would be amazing but the first step is getting these first games translated. =)

Signed.

I actually brought E Gothic from steam for 2.99 because of your recommendation Fluent! I garnered interested after watching your videos.

Incidently i downlaoded the infinite magic map and 10x EXP to help with grinding. IT made the game alot more fun and accessable to busy gamers like myself. The game itself favors are alot of class changing and soup pact changing mobs into permanent player characters, so there is alot of leveling involved. Even at 10x EXP it still levels up slowly for me lol.

E Gothic is one of those old school mentality games that allows players to do weird stuff to their parties and characters. Its simple interfaces and gameplay on the surface but deep party based management.

I actually brought E Gothic from steam for 2.99 because of your recommendation Fluent! I garnered interested after watching your videos.

Incidently i downlaoded the infinite magic map and 10x EXP to help with grinding. IT made the game alot more fun and accessable to busy gamers like myself. The game itself favors are alot of class changing and soup pact changing mobs into permanent player characters, so there is alot of leveling involved. Even at 10x EXP it still levels up slowly for me lol.

E Gothic is one of those old school mentality games that allows players to do weird stuff to their parties and characters. Its simple interfaces and gameplay on the surface but deep party based management.

I'm glad you have checked out the game and like it. Cool. =)

There is definitely a deep party management to the game. Not only in the simple stuff like class switching and experimenting with the various classes, but in the gameplay itself. You have to manage your party carefully in dungeons. You have to make sure you have enough magic maps, spells and supplies for the arduous journey that could make a turn for the worse at any time. It gets really intense and devilish, with devious traps to mangle your party even more. You have to balance the inventory space and make sure you only take what is absolutely necessary. There is a lot going on under the hood that leads to all of this emergent gameplay.

I didn't notice any excessive grinding in the game. I actually only grinded for an hour or so against Lesser Demons in Igdra Underground Church. They give a lot of EP and are simply enough to defeat, so I grinded for an episode or two of my Let's Play in order to level up my Mage and get the mobility spell, Diomente, which lets us travel to any previously-explored square in the dungeon. For diving into the devilish wind cave, Hastrana, this spell became an absolute necessity. Other than that, I haven't noticed a grind or any slow leveling. My party is level 13 or so and I'm finding it good enough to make progress, and after 50+ hours with the game, I've only grinded for about one hour. And it was completely optional.

I'm glad others are enjoying the game and picking it up on my recommendation. Needless to say, I give it the highest recommendation for fans of old-school philosophy and design, and those who aren't afraid to dive into a brutal game that will mop the floor with you at times. Also, for those who have a lot of time to spend and immerse themselves into a great RPG, this is the game for that. For those who don't have much time to spend and are into quick games, I would suggest to look elsewhere.

Ciao! =)

I signed because why not. Maybe someone who knows rpg codex people could get them to sign it as we need way more people.

I signed because why not. Maybe someone who knows rpg codex people could get them to sign it as we need way more people.

I was thinking that, too.

HiddenX, where are you? Can you post this over on the Codex and ask people to sign? With such a large user base and hardcore RPG fans, we should definitely get some signatures from there. =)

And thanks for your support, Silver!! Much appreciated. :)

25 signatures on day one, I'd say that is a great start! We still have a ways to go, so please, if you're reading this, sign the petition and tell a friend to do the same! Let's get those classic dungeon-crawlers translated to English! =)

I signed as well, I very much enjoyed playing Eliminage gothic.

Can anyone tell me this?
So i got my mage to level 15. Now if i class change him to a Bishop he will be level 1 with only limited uses of his mage spells like maybe 3 per level. If i level my bishop say to level 20 will he get more uses of his mages skills. Same question if i change from mage to Alchemist. Will i get more mage spells uses when my alchemist is level 20 or 30? or is he stuck at 3 uses per level because Alchemists do not have basic magery gains on leveling unlike bishop?

I'm glad you have checked out the game and like it. Cool. =)

There is definitely a deep party management to the game. Not only in the simple stuff like class switching and experimenting with the various classes, but in the gameplay itself. You have to manage your party carefully in dungeons. You have to make sure you have enough magic maps, spells and supplies for the arduous journey that could make a turn for the worse at any time. It gets really intense and devilish, with devious traps to mangle your party even more. You have to balance the inventory space and make sure you only take what is absolutely necessary. There is a lot going on under the hood that leads to all of this emergent gameplay.

I didn't notice any excessive grinding in the game. I actually only grinded for an hour or so against Lesser Demons in Igdra Underground Church. They give a lot of EP and are simply enough to defeat, so I grinded for an episode or two of my Let's Play in order to level up my Mage and get the mobility spell, Diomente, which lets us travel to any previously-explored square in the dungeon. For diving into the devilish wind cave, Hastrana, this spell became an absolute necessity. Other than that, I haven't noticed a grind or any slow leveling. My party is level 13 or so and I'm finding it good enough to make progress, and after 50+ hours with the game, I've only grinded for about one hour. And it was completely optional.

I'm glad others are enjoying the game and picking it up on my recommendation. Needless to say, I give it the highest recommendation for fans of old-school philosophy and design, and those who aren't afraid to dive into a brutal game that will mop the floor with you at times. Also, for those who have a lot of time to spend and immerse themselves into a great RPG, this is the game for that. For those who don't have much time to spend and are into quick games, I would suggest to look elsewhere.

Ciao! =)

E Gothic is one of those old school feel games that challenges you enough to want to beat it no matter what regardless if there are movie cutscenes or lack of graphics. This is old school fun back to the old rpgs that are intrinsically complex deep in the core gameplay. reminds me of might and magic 3 and eye of beholder but turn based and harder =]

Can anyone tell me this?
So i got my mage to level 15. Now if i class change him to a Bishop he will be level 1 with only limited uses of his mage spells like maybe 3 per level. If i level my bishop say to level 20 will he get more uses of his mages skills. Same question if i change from mage to Alchemist. Will i get more mage spells uses when my alchemist is level 20 or 30? or is he stuck at 3 uses per level because Alchemists do not have basic magery gains on leveling unlike bishop?

In the example of Mage-to-Alchemist, the Mage spells would be set on 3 for the entirety of the character's life as an Alchemist, while the Alchemist spells would be 'normal' and have appropriate usage gains.

I believe if you switch from Mage-to-Bishop, the Mage spells should go beyond 3 uses since Bishops slowly level Mage spells naturally. I'm pretty sure that's how it works for that.

E Gothic is one of those old school feel games that challenges you enough to want to beat it no matter what regardless if there are movie cutscenes or lack of graphics. This is old school fun back to the old rpgs that are intrinsically complex deep in the core gameplay. reminds me of might and magic 3 and eye of beholder but turn based and harder =]

Yep! It's gameplay-first, which is rare in games nowadays. Bard's Tale IV is supposed to be like that as well, so that's another game I'm looking out for. =)

Please tell a friend or two to sign the petition! We need more people! =)

In the example of Mage-to-Alchemist, the Mage spells would be set on 3 for the entirety of the character's life as an Alchemist, while the Alchemist spells would be 'normal' and have appropriate usage gains.

I believe if you switch from Mage-to-Bishop, the Mage spells should go beyond 3 uses since Bishops slowly level Mage spells naturally. I'm pretty sure that's how it works for that.

Yep! It's gameplay-first, which is rare in games nowadays. Bard's Tale IV is supposed to be like that as well, so that's another game I'm looking out for. =)

Please tell a friend or two to sign the petition! We need more people! =)

Yea, i suspect Japanese market has tons of games like this, but most of them wont make it to the western markets=[

You really should get the 10X Exp mod on their Wikiapedia. Its not gamebreaking or overpowering because the Exp gain curve drops off as you party level is higher, but its definitely good for you to test party builds and have more fun creating a rescue party or a monster spirit pact party =] is it me or the game is huge? i see more than 120 hours min to finish the game. For $2.99 its alot of entertainment value for cost.

I used to play Ultima online and MMOs as a gold seller for 7 years.
Now i operate a Kitchen design and retail store in NYC.
The funny thing is since i need to do high quality 3D renders of kitchens for clients, i need a powerful graphics intense gaming PC for the design software.
usually i only do 1 week of work a month to pay the bills the other 3 weeks is just me using the work PC 10 hours a day for gaming or watching TV =]

Its just sad all MMO RPGs suck really bad this decade.

Back
Top Bottom