Activision - Zork Anthology on Good Old Games

aries100

SasqWatch
Zork Anthology has been released at Good Old Games, says Gamebanshee. I know this is somewhat outside our regular post about rpg games, but I bet many os us have played these games, and have fond memories of them. Now, thanks to GOG, you can play them again. So now you can again be eaten by a grue...
  • The pack includes Zork I, Zork II, Zork III, Beyond Zork, Zork Zero, and Planetfall.
  • Twisted humour served with an intriguing history of an absurd world.
  • Humorous and abstract solutions to incredible puzzles.
More information.

No problems with Planetfall being included, but it's strange that it is... since the package offered is the 'zork anthology'

Yes! About time GOG got some of those good old text adventure games in their catalogue! Text adventures were my first love in computer games, as my sig shows. CRPGs came close behind, but you never forget your first love. :)

But that anthology is only scratching the surface. This http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Text-Adventure-Masterpieces-Infocom-PC/dp/B0006ZH9R6 is more like it!! All of Infocom's text adventures on one CD plus goodies. Got it c. 15 years ago from a sale for about 10 Euros. Not a bad deal! :cool:

My very first text adventure was Infocom's 'Enchanter.' It was an awesome experience. Could barely get through the day at school I was so excited to get home and plug that 5.25" floppy into my IBM PC 8088 model B. Good times.

I've now lost two copies of the Masterpieces collection. Not going to pay $140 for another, so here's hoping GOG gets it eventually.

I was horrible at text adventures. Just was never able to figure out the right words to use that would advance me in the game. And it was a totally frustrating experience because they all looked to be great games. Still, I never completed a one. I did however complete all the subsequent graphic Zork adventure games.

Back
Top Bottom