Shroud of the Avatar - Knight’s Home & Property Deeds

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Shroud of the Avatar has a new update with information on the games website for the knights home, and how property deeds work.

Founder Knight Village Home

Here is our unique, upscale, Founder Knight Village home, only available to Founders (included as a reward in the Knight level pledge). A two-story dwelling, with a split-level roof deck:

Knight11.jpg

200 Village Property Deeds Available in Add-On Store

We have added 200 Village Lot Property Deeds to the Add-On Store at an introductory price of $150 (a 25% discount off the regular $200 price)!

Village lots are located in almost every village, town, and city across New Britannia. The Village Property Deed in the Add-On Store includes the Shingle-Roof Village Home, shown here next to an empty village lot.

lot1.jpg

At 20 x 30 meters, there is ample room for a variety of homes, including the spacious Knight Village Home and Viking Village Home!

There are many benefits to being a property owner in SotA, including:

• Having a permanent residence, a place to put down roots, to hang your helmet, to decorate to your taste, to invite your friends over to hang out.
  • Provides a location for you to have a vendor to sell your wares.
  • Provides a location to set up private crafting stations, saving you the trouble of visiting public crafting stations to produce your wares.
  • Plant your own gardens to grow whatever you need.
  • Dramatically increases your storage space. Your house can be filled with decorations, and you can place chests at your house to expand your backpack inventory.
More information.

Now I am really regretting my minimum pledge towards this (macrotransaction simville) mess .

Yeah I've really had enough with all this talk and emphasis on player housing.

Lol. You guys are too funny!

Lots of housing talk, which is a bit odd, but I still want to play the game.

Heh, they aren't giving out the other info, or at least not as much since they don't want to ruin the rest of the game.

Garriott and crew have a big set of brass ones, at the very least.

I don't know what to think of this game. :S

All I know is it's supposedly a new type of MMO that will allow offline play if you prefer to play it as a single player RPG.

I don't mean to sound negative just confused even with all the information on the game available. I think I will wait for release to judge the game, and just say I'm glad I didn't pledge.:)

Nothing they have done so far has made the reactions here actually make sense, but hey keep it real.

Nothing they have done so far has made the reactions here actually make sense, but hey keep it real.
No just confused on what the hell is this game. Every new article or interview just makes it more confusing. From the reactions of the other posters is seems they were excepting something different then what is being seen. I can't blame them sorry Rune.:uneasy:

Last edited:
Every new article or interview just makes it more confusing.

I wrote much the same before and was accused of making statements and not reading. But the more I read about the game, the more confused and convoluted it seems. Except player housing, it's clear player housing is in the game, costs real world money, and is otherwise a BIG deal.

This stone house looks better, when zoomed back out so the browser image "display engine" does some "sharpening" to the neighboring pixels.

Heh, they aren't giving out the other info, or at least not as much since they don't want to ruin the rest of the game.
Will be nice if that is actually true. I feel like some of the Kickstarter projects (and even some that aren't, such as M&M X) are giving away way too much info on the game before it's even out. Steam "Early Access" is part of that problem too. A lot of it is in the name of "community feedback", but I'm not sure how fond I am of that idea either. It used to be that designers would make the game the way they wanted (not the way a bunch of guys on the internet wanted), finish it on their own, then sell it to you to play. In many ways, I miss those days.

Truly regret backing this. The constant posts offering [feature X!!!1!1] for [discount Y!!1!] are getting to be beyond annoying. Here I was naively thinking this might actually be a new Ultima worth playing (in single player).

It's hard to tell if they really think housing should be such a big part of the game, or if they're just fishing for ways to raise more money. It is getting somewhat despicable either way, though.

You're unable to comprehend that people are pissed when they've been promised a single player game and now chances are that in selective multiplayer mode or maybe even offline mode you won't have anywhere to put your stuff because you didn't buy a house for 15 bucks?

I'm really glad I didn't pledge for this, I think this is actually the only one of the "bigger" games on Kickstarter I haven't pledged for. All the rest that did get several million dollars are on my list, like PE, Torment, Star Citizen, Wasteland 2 etc. And all of the updates from the above games so far have made me want the game even more. Every update from the SotA team makes me want the game less. It's not that they don't share information on the game, I can take that, it's the fact that every bit they DO share feels like ways to get more money. And they really should have enough by now. I get the same feeling from this that I do from mobile games that are "Free-to-play" but then there's just a shitload of in-app purchases you need to make to actually have fun with the game.

I prefer simply paying for my games. One time.

I'm glad I didn't back it. Right from the start, the name Richard Garriot turned me away from it. Looks like I wasn't off.

…and now chances are that in selective multiplayer mode or maybe even offline mode you won't have anywhere to put your stuff because you didn't buy a house for 15 bucks?

It was clearly stated that you will not have to pay real money for a house in offline mode. HOWEVER, impression was created that online and offline modes will be equally viable and yet most of the info released seems to be dealing with MMO/multiplayer only.
Rune_74 told us that it's because "they don't want to ruin the rest of the game" but, unless he has an access to some inside info, that's just his wishful thinking…

Back
Top Bottom