Has Rape become a Social Construct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andhaira

Sentinel
Rape happens when a member of either sex and/or a member of the LGBTQ community is forcefully penetrated in a sexual manner against his/her/undefined will.

That's how it's been for generations.

Fast forward to today, and rape can happen when a consenting person, after being penetrated with his/her/undefined will, suddenly says NO! Thereafter this is classified as rape in the courts and the offender ends up in trouble with the law.

My question to the esteemed members of this community is, is this redefinition of the classic crime legal, ethical or moral? Is it right that someone, after consenting, suddenly dis-consents and gets their partner into trouble?

Has Rape become a social construct that allows someone to wrongly accuse another human being of a crime for personal reasons of vendetta and revenge?

If so, how should it be dealt with?

someone, after consenting, suddenly dis-consents
If there is an unbearable pain, the activity has to stop. Thus if and when someone says "stop", just stop and avoid any possible later problems. It's not a doll, it's a being with senses and emotions.

But I believe you're asking on the wrong place. IMO, it's rape victims who should define it precisely and I don't think there are many here.

A "rape" can be used to turn someone's life upside down horribly. Even when in the end a person proves not guilty, the stain will remain.

Eh, the LBTG would cry rape if you say something against their views...

That is what the current jokes about Tumblr are about.

That's why I usually just put my hand over their mouth. It's not rape if they didn't say anything…

JDR any thoughts about the opposite role where the hand is on your mouth? I mean... Don't say you didn't try that yet. :evilgrin:

One can only wonder what happened at the Codex that he feels compelled to enlighten us with his usual crap once more?

How can I miss this fine contributor if he won't go away?

Everything is a social construct so why not rape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom