Alien: Isolation Has Gone Gold

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
If your one of the few members on the site looking forward to playing Alien: Isolation then here is some good news. The game is on schedule for the October 7th release.

Here is a new trailer and the short press release.

Alien: Isolation goes gold, new trailer series begins
Creative Assembly is pleased to let us know today that Alien: Isolation has ‘gone gold’ and will be hitting shelves and digital storefronts worldwide from October 7th. With the release just one month away, the team has put together a series of short trailers, the first out today.

’#HOWWILLYOUSURVIVE?’ is a series of short trailers running through to release, showcasing many of the unique ways that players will discover that surviving the creature, and the world of Sevastopol, means learning a whole new set of skills. In Alien: Isolation, the creature is hunting you. If it hears you, it will track down the source of the noise; if it sees you, it will pursue at speed; tackling it head-on is not for the faint-hearted. It’s ruthless, relentless and unstoppable. Which makes us ask, #howwillyousurvive?

The first trailer in the series is available to download now from Sega-press.com, with more to follow over the coming weeks.

Alien: Isolation is a first-person survival horror game capturing the fear and tension evoked by Ridley Scott’s 1979 classic film. Players find themselves in an atmosphere of constant dread and mortal danger as an unpredictable, ruthless Xenomorph is stalking and killing deep in the shadows. Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.

Alien: Isolation will be available from October 7, 2014, for Xbox One, PS4™, Windows PC, Xbox 360 and PS3™.

For more information and to keep ahead with the latest news, find us at www.alienisolation.com, follow us on www.facebook.com/alienisolation and join the conversation on www.twitter.com/alienisolation

Last edited:
Here are the the PC required specifications released today from Creative Assembly.
Minimum PC Specifications are:
Operating System: Windows 7 (32bit)
Processor: 3.16Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
RAM: 4GB RAM
Hard Drive: 35GB required for installation
Video Card: 1GB DirectX® 11 (AMD Radeon HD 5550 or Nvidia GeForce GT 430)
Broadband Internet Connection

Recommended PC Specifications are:
Operating System: Windows 7 (64bit)
Processor: AMD: Phenom II X4 955 – 4 Core, 3.2 GHz or INTEL: Core 2 Quad Q9650 – 4 Core, 3.0 Ghz
RAM: 8GB RAM
Hard Drive: 35GB required for installation
Video Card: 2GB DirectX® 11 (AMD GPU: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series or Nvidia gpu: GeForce GTX660)
Broadband Internet Connection
More games seem to need almost 30GB nowadays it seems.:-/

I have a friend that's been dying to play this one, so I'll be waiting to see what he says about it. I love the Gieger universe, but generally I find shooting games about as fun as watching paint dry.

I have a friend that's been dying to play this one, so I'll be waiting to see what he says about it. I love the Gieger universe, but generally I find shooting games about as fun as watching paint dry.

It's not a shooting game. It's mostly playing cat&mouse with the xenomorph. It's survival horror. Think Amnesia in space :D

Well, my preload is running as we speak. I'd planned to play this during my upcoming vacation next week - but I don't know if I can wait that long. I'll definitely check it out come tuesday.

I'm actually not a big fan of Amnesia (obvious inspiration for this) - and the idea of running and hiding for 20 hours sounds pretty dull.

But I'm such a ridiculously big fan of Alien(s) that I'll take just about anything just for the off-chance that this game enhances the franchise. I mean, I'm the guy who dislikes straight-up shooters and yet I STILL managed to complete Colonial Marines, including the DLC. ACM is easily the worst game I've ever completed.

Also, the atmosphere and immersion looks through the roof. I don't know if I'll even be able to play a game this tense, as I happen to find the Alien creature particularly unnerving.

I'm THAT big a fan.

I watched some guy on TV playing this last night, on one of the BBC tech shows. Two things......one, that was the first time I've watched someone else play a video game since standing in an arcade in the early eighties. Second, it looked really cool running around the ship and such, the vessel looked rather authentic from what I could see in the game. Hiding and having no chance at fighting the alien whatsoever doesn't appeal to me, but from what I saw of the environment of the game, it looked really nice.

I'm in. I saw Alien in the theater back in 79.Right about chest bursting time, my date left the theater and I found her huddled up near the popcorn stand nearly catatonic. She recovered but wouldn't re-enter the theater. I was ready to take one for the team but she insisted I go back in. Yes, things were different back then. I never saw that girl again.

The best outer space horror classic of all time.

Still not sure about this one.

The tension certainly appears to be there, but I'm worried about the game having enough variety. All of the videos I've seen looked the same. Is it really 15 hours of just running and hiding?

Still not sure about this one.

The tension certainly appears to be there, but I'm worried about the game having enough variety. All of the videos I've seen looked the same. Is it really 15 hours of just running and hiding?

From what I read the devs said they are aware that the game needs to balance high tension moments with moments of calm. So there probably is some exploration/puzzle solving. Plus they employ the usual email/audio recording mechanics for world building. Hopefully it's not all stressful.

The immersion factor sounds possibly quite good, which to me is key to good horror survival. If it's too frustrating and repetitive, though, that would be a let down.

Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
Is it really 15 hours of just running and hiding?

If it is, I'm not buying.

Don't forget the twenty-seven dollars for extra DLC

Say what?!

Even if it's 54238523687523684523478 hours of gameplay that is never the same, even if it gets recognized as GOTY on all sites, even if it's the best game ever, even if it tops lists of any criteria by critics:

NO BUY.

I couldn't resist

Pre-Purchase Alien: Isolation - Digital Deluxe Upgrade

Upgrade your current AI pre-purchase to include all future season pass content.

I was wrong. Only 17.99

I've said it in many kickstarter projects already. I will not back any that even mentions DLC.

This "season pass" scandal that is practically kickstarting/indiegogoing nonstandalone stuff is the same bloody thing.
To each his own, some people perhaps adore these thing. Not me. Either sell me a full product, make patches and not DLC or go home.

For some reason, my Steam version unlocked an hour ago - and I've been playing it since then.

Too early to say much, except that it's got the best lighting I've seen in a game… ever.

It's also excessively atmospheric, and it's been 100% about exploration so far. Another positive is that the controls are SMOOTH and pleasant. Everything feels slick and polished and it does not control like a typical console port. Well, except for the fact that you use keys for almost everything instead of the mouse. But I think that's kinda their way of making it seem 1979-ish, as you're interacting with quaint old keyboards and stuff.

Not a bad start.

I'm quite tired after a 5 hour meeting at work where I did most of the talking, but I have to get back to Sevastapol now ;)

The review said the station design was great and very reminiscent of the original Alien movie, which is a big plus for me. Whether the gameplay holds up is the big question.

Back
Top Bottom