Risen 2 - 1m Initial Copies to Ship

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Via Eurogamer comes news that Deep Silver will ship an initial 1m copies of Risen 2 next year, which will be a record for the company:
Deep Silver will ship one million units of fantasy role-playing game Risen 2 around the world during the first half of 2012.
That's just an initial delivery.
Georg Larch, chief marketing officer at Koch Media's games label Deep Silver, told Eurogamer's German sister site GamesIndustry.biz that he expects Risen 2 to set a new milestone in the company's history.
More information.

I am guessing that the 1m copies isn't just the PC version, since it is also releasing on the 360, and unlike the first Risen, on the PS3 too.

I know that this is one I am going to pick up when it is available since I enjoyed the first one so much.

Your probably right. Germany is the largest market for XBox in all of europe but it is also the strongest PC game market in the world on a per capita basis. Not sure what the split would be, but I suspect most would be PC given how well Risen PC sold (Box + steam).

Two Worlds 2 sold more than 2.5 million copies and it's considered an average game by many people. So that number is not surprising for a game like Risen 2.

Your probably right. Germany is the largest market for XBox in all of europe but it is also the strongest PC game market in the world on a per capita basis.

I tought the strongest Xbox market in Europe was UK.

Your probably right. Germany is the largest market for XBox in all of europe but it is also the strongest PC game market in the world on a per capita basis.

Interesting. Where did you find numbers on this?

EA has never (to the best of my knowledge) lied and have always specified if figures are sold in/ through/ shipped. Which is fortunate for them, since as a listed company they can get sued by their shareholders or prosecuted by regulatory authorities for lying about things like sales figures that effect share price.

Can't blame EA for 'journalists' from Kotaku and the like who don't know the difference between the terms.

2.5 million shipped isnt bad either though, still a lot of money for them + just because EA lies doesnt mean everyone does.

Everybody lies, Jensen.

I always lie. Always! - even this statement is a lie!

Interesting. Where did you find numbers on this?

Vgacharts. By PC I actually meant boxed PC games. Numbers of digital distributions are close to impossible to derive.

Ah geez, this thread's title got my hopes up… I read it and thought it meant risen 2 was shipping soon, then I read the rest. :(

-OT-

Was Two Worlds 2 any good?

Two Worlds 2 is okay, I try to get past the first area every so often but end up bored. They made some design decisions that helped reduce bugs, but also made the game feel a little less open. For example, some caves will be devoid of anything except a few monsters until you take the quest associated with that cave. You can't just run around and find quest items and then solve them later when you talk to the npc etcetc. I thought the magic system was fun, but the UI for it was a bit cumbersome imo. The UI in general wasn't all that great honestly. It also had some lingering technical issues that brought the visual quality down a bit (anisotropic filtering wouldn't apply to ground textures due to a buggy post-processing function). DX10 patch was cool, but brought performance to DX 10 levels even on good systems.

Back
Top Bottom