Two Worlds II - Velvet GotY Edition Announced

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Direct from TopWare:
Two Worlds II: Velvet Game of the Year Edition coming this October!
Including the expansion; Pirates of the Flying Fortress, which also releases this fall, Two Worlds II: GOTY hits shelves with a grandiose entrance!
Las Vegas, Nevada – July 15th, 2011 – TopWare Interactive is releasing the Two Worlds II: Velvet GOTY Edition this October 18th and they are doing so with glamorous class! The TWII: Velvet GOTY Edition not only comes bundled with the sought after expansion Pirates of the Flying Fortress, but is also uniquely designed in a limited collector’s box which is wrapped in black velvet (PC/Mac) or red velvet (console versions) and highlighted with metal corners made to look like antique brass. Moreover, there is a bold relief TWII logo of the same real metal at the top of the box.

Along with the multi-lingual version of TWII, this collector’s item also comes with all of the up-to- date upgrades. Additional extras include a huge double-sided world map and a valuable pirate head pin collectable, which subsequently is also available in-game! This exclusive item actually boosts the player’s parameters if hefted to armor! Together with another bonus disc containing artwork, wallpaper, videos, an extended soundtrack and two additional PvP multiplayer maps. More Antaloor simply isn’t possible!
This limited collector’s edition will be available for PC, Mac, Xbox 360 and PS3!
Thanks to Oliver for a similar submission.
More information.

So will there be a boxed US version or will it be pulled at the last minute? Will I have to buy a digital copy or import it? That is the only question I have.

It's already on Amazon Germany's site for pre-order along with just the expansion pack. No sign of either on Amazon UK or US yet.

The Velvet edition listed on Amazon Germany is a multilanguage which can be installed in English, German, French, Italian or Spanish.

I don't know that I trust this to get released here so I may end up having to import it. :p

So will there be a boxed US version or will it be pulled at the last minute? Will I have to buy a digital copy or import it? That is the only question I have.

If we find Big Foot or E.T. I'm sure they can answer your question.

If we find Big Foot or E.T. I'm sure they can answer your question.

Sure but least they will have answers unlike TwoWorlds developer.:biggrin: Nothing but excuses and cant even control there publishing partners.

Sure but least they will have answers unlike TwoWorlds developer.:biggrin: Nothing but excuses and cant even control there publishing partners.

So it's settled then. We'll set out to find Big Foot. Or E.T.

As long as they get a better publisher then Southpeak Interactive then I expect it here.

One question ... was Two Worlds won a single GotY from any mag/site of note? Or is this a disingenuous marketing shill move?

I already wonder the same - for *any* GOTY games - right now.

The newest thing here in Germany is a special and similar version of adventure games called "Adventure Game Of The Year".

What I don't like at all is the black vs. red velvet thing.

As an PC owner, I feel kind of insulted not to be able to have a red velvet.

Is this a hint towards "PC gamers like it more dark & gritty" - now literally ? Black Velvet - Dark Fantasy ?

I already wonder the same - for *any* GOTY games - right now.

So true - I am always cynical when I see 'GotY' since I know it is used as a marketing hammer to grab attention from folks who think "hmmm ... game of the year? I should play that!".

Thing is - I really like Two Worlds II, I also like that the GamersGate edition I bought is both Mac & PC :)

I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find somebody on the internet who called any game Game of the Year. Hell, PC Gamer called Dragon Age 2 the RPG of the decade and it's 2011. :p

To me I just ignore the marketing hype and take it that GOTY=base game with all expansions and/dlcs combined into one package.

Hope they launch the complete collection on Steam for cheap when the DLC comes out. I'll grab that.

A GOTY Edition is pure marketing. It's another SKU which extends a game's shelf life, often at a slightly higher price than the vanilla game.

Hope they launch the complete collection on Steam for cheap when the DLC comes out. I'll grab that.

If nothing else, I bet it is on their Christmas sale. I have the (Royal) boxed version myself and I'm pretty sure I can't get the DLC from Steam but if the whole thing is cheap enough I might just get it over again from Steam. We'll see.

If nothing else, I bet it is on their Christmas sale. I have the (Royal) boxed version myself and I'm pretty sure I can't get the DLC from Steam but if the whole thing is cheap enough I might just get it over again from Steam. We'll see.

I have the Royal Edition too, but I suddenly stopped caring about boxes. If I could just grab both for a low price on some digital store I would, rather than having to go through Topware's store to get the DLC if they do it that way.

We'll have to see how they handle it.

The only positive thing I see from GOTY's is that they are usually some kind of "Gold" version, which assembles all add-ons, patches etc. into one box.

Back
Top Bottom