Nights & Candles - Old-school Dungeon Crawler

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I came across this game on Steam that I thought might be of interest to some. The game is called Nights & Candles from Atmosphere Entertainment Studios.

In Nights & Candles a shadow of insidious evil has fallen over the city of Candlewind as foul creatures prepare to step out of the shadows. Afraid that these dark forces will soon overrun their kingdom, the city’s council desperately assembles a group of fearless heroes to search for an ancient artifact hidden in the deepest dungeons of the Frost Mountains, an artifact that could be their salvation.
They also have a new video clip with some gameplay footage.

New video clip posted, showing the party battle a Giant Cave Troll.
More information.

Last edited:
This is pretty lame by any standard, 1986 or otherwise :p The interface alone seems like it would be more appropriate on a tablet.

This is pretty lame by any standard, 1986 or otherwise :p The interface alone seems like it would be more appropriate on a tablet.
I agree with you but tastes differ and someone may like it. I tried to find more information but I only found the Steam page, and a press release from last year.

Last edited:
Nights and Candles? Really? Worst name ever.

The game is called Nights & Candles from the same developer of RoA: Blade of Destiny HD.

This is a wrong information. The game is published bei UIG (through the "The Roleplaying Game Company" label), which also published RoA:BoD HD, but they don't develop anything.

The devs are Atmosphere Entertainment Studios, which appear to be Russian.

This is a wrong information. The game is published bei UIG (through the "The Roleplaying Game Company" label), which also published RoA:BoD HD, but they don't develop anything.

The devs are Atmosphere Entertainment Studios, which appear to be Russian.
Well thanks for the correction I'll fix it.;)

As I said above all I have is the sparse Steam Page, and a year old press release. I have to say their not doing a good job on marketing their English release.

Shallwe reject anything with graphics worse than heavily modified Skyrim?
Of course not.
But then again... Nothing in this game looks interesting to me, so even with The Witcher 3 graphics, I can't see myself playing it.

So we have six members of an 80s Swedish death-metal garage band who decided to play D&D with the village gimp in their mother's basement?

I like how the monster has the same hairstyle as most of the party (only the guy on the bottom left is much different). Also, everyone in the party looks identical really except the one in the upper left has a bigger nose, and the one in the middle right has bigger eyes.

It looks sort of like a Wizardry clone, so I'd buy it if it doesn't cost too much.
After all I bought Heroes of the Broken Land, and the graphics are much poorer.
I agree about the party though. They look like 6 brothers in a metal band. Hopefully there will be a little more variety in the final version.

The fireball looks... looks like... a glowing piece of coal thrown on the ground. Funny... :S

With all respect to enthusiastic amateurs, who dispose only limited resources of money and talent, but this seems to be no more than a failed attempt to participate in the success of games like Legend of Grimrock.

Not to put you on the spot, Couch, but if there's been no new information in a year on an arguably poor game, why bother making it a newsbit? A simple mention in the normal RPG section would do if it's something you personally found interesting.

The front page already has such a high volume of topics ranging from interesting to not-so-interesting, depending on the visitor's perspective, that there's no sense in inundating it further with vaporware titles mentioned a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom