Fallout 4 Something completely different: The weather

P

pibbur who

Has anybody found the weather ids for the fw command?

Default weather, 0000015e works. But that's the only one I've found. And sadly, apart from default weather, weather ids change from game to game, so I can't use the FO3 codes, or the Skyrim codes….

I've inspected the .esm file, didn't find anything there.

pibbur who wants more rain!

Last edited:
Found the answer on reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3s6nw1/fallout_4_pc_console_command_ids/)

Turns out you can use TES5EDIT on Fallout4.esm, if you copy it into the Skyrim\Data folder. I got an error message, saying I could not edit the file, but I could view the different sections, including the weather.

For rain we have
001CA7E4 CommonwealthRain
001CD096 CommonwealthMistyRainy

May be useful for finding other id's as well, methinks

pibbur

That is good to know, thank you for sharing it. I also like the nuclear storms. I expect when things mature there will be a complete list someplace. I also like the rain though so may encourage it :)

Glad to see I'm not the only rain dancer :) What are those rain mods?

Graphics:
More Intensive Rain
There is another mod, "FO4 RAIN" doing the same, I can't say which one is the better, but the last one claims also to improve rain falling on water.

Sound:
Louder Rainy Sound
Louder Thunder Sound

pibbur who is happy that currently we have severe rainfall in Bergen@Norway.

I just saw the two new sound ones which I also grabbed. Easier now that FO NMM is working.

Ooh, I didn't notice that NMM is up for Fallout 4, that IS good news.

I'm not sure why Bethesda is sitting on their mod kit, but they're almost irrelevant. The modders have worked around its limitations for so long, they don't really need the kit anymore.

Back
Top Bottom