Risen Jest spell - Does it work at all?

szokol

Watchdog
I am in Chapter 1, and tried the jest spell two times.
First with Cid's girlfrend, to get the ring
Second on the treasure hunter brother at Patty's pub.

It didn't worked. They laughted, and still didn't talk to me.

I beat up that poor girl for the ring, but what to do with the brother? I should tell him to go to the meeting point nearby, but I can't.

Any ideas? Does this spell works at all?

I am in Chapter 1, and tried the jest spell two times.
First with Cid's girlfrend, to get the ring
Second on the treasure hunter brother at Patty's pub.

It didn't worked. They laughted, and still didn't talk to me.

I beat up that poor girl for the ring, but what to do with the brother? I should tell him to go to the meeting point nearby, but I can't.

Any ideas? Does this spell works at all?

How do they respond after the spell? If they're pissed off, then it didn't work. But it just might be they don't have anything to say to you. I remember Cid's girlfriend didn't give me any dialog after i exchanged Nelson's ring for a pearl necklace with her.

The spell works fine.

The jest spell makes people who would otherwise refuse to talk to you (because some action they observed you doing offended them), open to conversation again.

It DOES not make them more likely to change their minds about things they have already spoken to you about.

If you click on Cid's wife and she has nothing to say, it simply means there is no new information you can get from her at this point in the game. The only way to solve her quest is to either find a pearl necklace to giver her, or beat her up for the ring. If you WERE to find some pearls, then the next time you click on her a new conversation option would show up.

Thank You.
Any ideas about the treasure hunter brother?

Problem solved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom