Transistor - PS4 and PC at Release, Mac and Linux Later

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Here we are with another E3 announcement this time about Transistor. You will be able to play the game early next year on PS4 and Steam. While those waiting for a Mac and Linux version you will have to wait longer.
One of the most common questions we get about our next game is, which platforms is it coming to? Today we’re excited to have a specific answer for you at last: When Transistor is released sometime early next year, it will be available day one for PlayStation 4, and for PC on Steam. We plan to bring the game to Linux and Mac afterwards, and haven’t ruled anything out beyond that.

You may know that our first game, Bastion, is available for more than six different platforms at this point. But it started on just one. We were still working on new versions of Bastion more than a year after the initial launch on Xbox LIVE Arcade. The main reason Bastion ended up in so many places, of course, is because a lot of people liked the game. And the main reason a lot of people liked it is because we were able to create the game we wanted to make in the first place, by not spreading our focus too thin and making sure Bastion ran great on XBLA, then on Steam, and so on. So, in short: Our strategy of focusing on a console/PC launch worked well on Bastion so we’re doing it again on Transistor.
More information.

Last edited:
Strike one for the PS4 over the Xbox 1. Actually I didn't much like Bastion (on IOS), just another twitchy action game really, but it's quite popular on console, I think.

Never tried Bastion, looked as no story grinder to me.
If transistor is it's clone, I couldn't care less if it's planned on PS4 or XBox.

Bastions is little indie gem imo.It had superb narrator and very good sound design overall and beautiful hand drawn graphic.Gameplay was ok, repetitive at times but you get new weapon often and levels are short so they never overstay their welcome.Very atmospheric little action adventure with some very light RPG elements.
So I am interested in pretty interested in Transistor.

Back
Top Bottom