Witcher So.... now what?

The Witcher

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete
I'm not sure what exactly I'm asking here...

It's the first time in the game that I've felt like I didn't really have much to do, and not sure how to proceed..

I'm in Chapter 2 still, just beaten the Stone Golem, now the Swamp is engulfed in a category 4 hurricane and won't go away.
I still have the "lost lamb" quest open and seem to be at a dead end there.
Any other open quest depends on some external factor for moving forward.
I still have two more sephirot to find, one being with Luuvarden and I don't really want to pay him for it. I'm assuming there's some other way to get the thing without ponying up the orens.

The only other thing is that I haven't made a choice between siding with Sigfried or Yaaven in the swamp. To be honest, trying to role-play to my true feelings, I would prefer to remain neutral in that conflict, so I haven't commited. Must I choose one or the other to move on at this point?...

Yeah, I think you've hit one of those must choose moments.

You don't have to choose. Just don't speak with either Siegfried or Yaaven. You just need to find the last two sephirots to proceed.

Or you can speak with both of them and don't agree to their requests.
"Lost Lamb".... you have freed Brickmakers from the cave didn't you?
Luuvarden - pay the man you cheapskate! :) There is no other way.
About sephirots: remeber to start placing them only when you have all 10 of them and than place them all in one go.

I am positive "lost lamb" can only be completed in Chapter 3.

Indeed (I have actually missed it during my first play-through0 but nothing terrible will happen if it isn't completed. All that will be lost is some experience.

About sephirots: remeber to start placing them only when you have all 10 of them and than place them all in one go.

Why do you say that? I spaced placing the sephirots out over many hours and various visits to the swamps, and there were no problems.

I think you are right bk, as I played the game 3 times and always placed them as I happened on one.

Ok, thanks for the help everyone.

I did speak to both men, just didn't commit to either side. So I don't have to choose one to proceed, eh? I'll try to move on without doing it.

And you're saying I've gotta pay up to get the ninth sephirot? Man, this game is punishing on finances, kinda reminds me of Gothic in that regard. There's so many cool books and stuff to buy, and I can barely afford the equipment and quest related expenses. I think i'm short 200 + orens to pay Luuvarden and no Witcher work to make any more... looks like it's dice poker for me.

As for placing the sephirot, I have already chosen to carry them around long before this thread. I just didn't want to take the chance on anything bad happening. Plus, this game is so immersive (hopefully Brother None isn't around to hear that), that I've been playing it as I would in real life, e.g: Not taking the chance on leaving priceless relics around lest someone else stumble upon them.. always taking the "dryest" path through the swamp possible, etc...

Dice poker and fistfighting is your way to the fortune :) Also remember to sell books and scrolls after you have read them.
Lost Lamb - sorry Jabberwocky, my memory failed me. This quest reaches its conclusion in Chapter III.

Last edited:
As far as I remember that happened only, when there was a chapter change in between, not because of time as such.
Errrr chapter change? You can't progress to the next chapter without solving this quest in Chapter II. Or am I missing something?
I know from Witcher forums that quite a few people complained about missing sephirots. My advice to Jabberwocky was on "better safe than sorry" basis.

Well, I don't know for immersive, but right now (near the end of the chapter) after combing through the said swamp I must say I am sick and tired of it :)

LOL if that's not immersion, I don't know what is :p

To me this game has just the right timing... Just when I was to the point of being sick and tired of the outskirts, I moved to the city. Just when I got tired of that I moved to the swamp. I'm not sick and tired of the swamp yet so it must not be time...

I got so sick of fighting those darn plants in the swamp, I had to stop playing for a few days. But getting it all done was well worth it. ;)

I hated the drowners in the swamp, always tried to run by them and not have to fight them. I don't want to spoil anything but it is not a good idea to stay on the path always. there is something close to the druids and the golem cemetary. I won't tell what, but you can find some nice thingy that comes in handy in certain fights :p

You mean Harvall? Or something off of another corpse? -- I have veered off the path for the sake of exploration. I'm not the type that would miss anything if I can help it. I've pretty much covered every inch of the swamp and rid it of most monsters, but now that is done, I'm pretty much running around like a real person would - not necessarily inclined to waid in swamp water up to the waist just for the sake of killing some drowners.

Don't know the name of the corpse but it was on the wyvern islands

Yes, that's the one where you find the sword named Harvall. Been there done that.

Back
Top Bottom