RPGWatch - Game of the Year 2013 Awards: Best RPG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
You voted for the best RPG in 2013 and despite the fact that quite a few votes were cast for the games on the list that aren't real RPGs, they did not make ik into the top 3.

So, if you are curious to find out who has won, head over to the results for the Best RPG of 2013 as voted by our visitors.

More information.

Shadowrun returns winner?I am disappointed it's mediocre game in every way.

Also title says "game of the year 2012":).

Edit:also both winner and runner up are Kickstarter games, it might been weak year but it would have been lot weaker without it.

Last edited:
It's not like there was a plethora of good RPGs in 2013, apparently this one had the most fans :)

Last edited:
Shadowrun Returns was way too linear and short for me. The next game in the series could be good, because they can reuse the good engine.

Last edited:
It was a Hobson's choice scenario. 2013 really was a weak year for CRPGs. Shadowrun Returns is being praised with faint damn.

Hopefully 2014 will be much better.

Not a surprising list at all. Hopefully next years vote will be more interesting and have slot fewer "none" votes. MMX had already beaten all of the games from last year in my book, and quite a few other games *should* be released before 2015...

I'm delighted by the top 3, I think they are an interesting batch from a bad lot.

I'm delighted for Shadowrun, I think it's a thoroughly deserved award for them. While I cannot speak for the general playability, having not played it, it certainly aspires to be something great, looks great, and has some great provenance. I think the devs of this game fully deserve the encouragement!

A good set of selections from a limited pool. Thanks for posting this!

When you ranked these, did you guys give 3 points for a first place vote, 2 points for second and 1 point for third? Or just a straight percentage of the first place votes?

So sad =/ Two games built with tablets in mind in the top 3.

Even so, I should really get around to playing SR, given that I backed the thing.

What about the most anticipated RPGs of 2014?? I'm more interested with that result than game of the year 2013 :p

What about the most anticipated RPGs of 2014?? I'm more interested with that result than game of the year 2013 :p
Check back tomorrow it still needs a little editing. The results are surprising so I'll give everyone a hint. Some games might not be in the top three.^^

Fingers crossed half of them don't get pushed back to 2015.:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
While I found Shadowrun too simplistic and disappointing, I'm just glad we have actual RPGs in the top three. One could argue Conquistador isn't one, but it's a hell of a lot closer than Bioshock Infinity. :p

Glad to see the indies getting some recognition. Well deserved. They're pretty much the only games I look forward to anymore.

Phonegames, phonegames, everywhere... :D

Can't say I'm surprised with Shadowrun on the top spot, didn't play it nor will, but it was popular enough to grab votes.

Did expect Mars to be a bit higher on the list, but no matter. More important is the next list to see which game majority can't wait to "unpack".
Couch please don't rush with it till we see some more comments in this thread otherwise it'll be forgotten too soon. ;).

Did expect Mars to be a bit higher on the list, but no matter. More important is the next list to see which game majority can't wait to "unpack".;).
Mars:War Logs was my first pick off the list I'm sad it didn't even make the top five.:pout:

Hidden I hate you, I actually clicked on that link and went straight to hell! :pout:

Find the time, play the game!

I think Avadon 2 really deserved to win, but I am ok with Shadowrun Returns :)

I actually only played two of the games on the list: Shadowrun Returns and Avadon 2. So I voted for them. Of the two I think Avadon 2 was the better game, but apparently the rest of the world disagreed.

Back
Top Bottom