Antharion

RPGWatch

An RPGWatch Bot
Administrator
Antharion is an old-school turn-based RPG made in the spirit of games like Wizardry, Ultima and Pool of Radiance. What sets Antharion apart from the pack is how faithfully it recreates the classic RPG experience. By combining an immense open world, deep tactical turn-based combat and a rich character creation system with the distinctive look and feel of a traditional Western RPG, Antharion hopes to bring old-school dungeon crawling into a new era.

Features

• Open World - No linearity here, just a massive world waiting to be explored.
  • Turn-based combat system - deep and satisfying tactical combat.
  • Party-based - Create a customized part of up to 4 (choose race, appearance, class)
  • Dynamic world - Your actions are constantly reflected in the world.
  • No level scaling - Antharion doesn't scale loot or monsters.
  • Fully interactive - No building, room, container, or item is off limits.
  • Epic Storyline - full of mystery and political intrigue.
  • Full Day/Night and Weather Cycle: Rain, snow, fog, thunder and lighting.
  • Smart AI: NPCs react intelligently to your behavior. Monsters have their own unique temperaments and combat strategies.
More information.

Great game so far. Got my party to lvl 7. Played way too long yesterday and that is always a good sign. Items and gold seem just right for now. Always trying to save every gold piece. Leveling up characters is perfect. You have to make hard decisions. Dungeon design seems just right for this type of game.

The biggest endorsement that I can give is that I stopped playing Witcher 3 yesterday to play Antharion. Really happy I gave them $75 at kickstarter. Money well spent and I can not say that about every project I have backed.

Yeah I played this way too much in beta, but I've gotten to level 5 and trying to enjoy it all over again. It's an easy game to fall in love with, imo....basically all that's required is you need to like the old school way of doing things, if that's something you enjoy you'll love Antharion.

Thanks for the info. I repaired the links.

Back
Top Bottom