Last game you finished, tell us about it

Did you play DMS or Dragonfall or both?

You should play Dragonfall as well, I think it's even better. But I think I've already suggested this to you elsewhere. ;)

You should play Dragonfall as well, I think it's even better. But I think I've already suggested this to you elsewhere. ;)

I'm planning to :)

I'll probably take a little break from it, though, so as to not tire of too much of the same thing.

I'd like to get through Risen 2 before the sequel in August - but I haven't really felt up to it.

The story was actually well-written and the first half of the game was great. I'd say the game kinda loses its way somewhere after that, though - and becomes sort of far-fetched where the story is concerned, but the writing remains solid throughout.

I got the feeling that a lot of what was going on at the end was there because of fan-service. It makes sense within the confines of the setting, and some of the events were event things that historically had happened in the pen & paper RPGs (note that Shadowrun Returns takes place before the pen & paper roleplaying games, or at least the parts that I'm familiar with).

I just finished Outlast: Whistleblower the DLC for Outlast.

Outlast is a first-person survival-horror game that takes place in an old psychiatric hospital where not everything is as it appears. There are no weapons for the protagonist, and running and hiding are your only defenses for the most part.

Whistleblower is quite lengthy for a DLC, and I'd even say it's more of an expansion. The events take place before, during, and after the events of the main game.

There's not really much I can say as it's the type of game that's hard to talk about without giving spoilers to people who haven't played it yet. I liked it a lot though, and I think both Outlast and Whistleblower are must-plays for horror fans.

Outlast contains intense violence, gore, graphic sexual content, and strong language.
That and JDR's recommendation means only one thing.
Marked to buy on the next sale.

Last game I played and beat: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition

I'm sure you all know about this game, but it was my first time playing it. I have to say I was very impressed by it. I really enjoyed the loot system with the unique items that had their own lore, and really enjoyed the lore overall. It felt like a new and mysterious world to explore and I really liked that.

The combat was great, also. I liked the tactical approach to difficult battles and the magic system was very unique and cool.

The party members were great, even if they aren't quite as fleshed out as they are in BG2. I enjoyed using the different characters and playing to their strengths and trying to mask their weaknesses.

I'd have to say, Baldur's Gate instantly became one of my favorite games of all-time. Definitely a top 5 game for me, it was that good. The scary thing is, I'm playing BG2 now and it's even better. o_o

Loving this series to death. It's a hardcore RPG nerd's dream, basically :).

Give me the whole game, I'll pay any price you ask, but I don't want to be an idiot any more. If you need to sell DLC, sell it as a standalone thing. But do not touch the game.
Isn't 'pay any price' exactly what you're doing by buying DLCs in the first place? I never understood this argument against DLCs. You're paying for more content...just like you would for a sequel or expansion. If you honestly think they can get the entire game done in one shot without expansions (DLCs), you've been living under a rock for 30+ years. The game would be outdated by the time it got released.

Just finished The Last of Us. Really good game. It shined in all areas. I finished it on Hard, and found it very hard sometimes. I just can't imagine the other 2 higher difficulties, where enemies do double or triple damage and Listening Mode is disabled. I have to see it on youtube to believe it possible, without loosing your hairs due to frustration.

As I said, I only have words of respect for the guys at Naughty Dog. They really made a mature game. It's similar in style/content/journey to The Road (movie and book). So if you liked that, I'll like this.

Too bad it's only for PS3. It would be amazing to play it on PC. On PC I maybe would be able to finish it on the highest difficulties.

Next up, I'm picking up the Left Behind DLC for Last of Us.

Naughty Dog are the guys who invented Crash Bandicoot, they have a great pedigree, if you'll excuse the pun :)

So I just finished my replay of The Witcher 2. I quite enjoyed it, although I didn't like the linearity and some boss fights (Kayran, Dragon,…). Good thing is that I recalled the plot about the Wild Hunt. Bad thing is that it's still some months til TW3… hope I won't forget everything till then. :)

So... just finished Broken Sword II - a bit quicker than I expected really. About a 12 hour game, if taken at a leisurely pace.

I was expecting something sort of adventurey, RPGey and... it kind of was. But, more so, it was very similar to what some hidden object adventure games are today (the good ones) only much more polished and entertaining.

You find useful objects as you travel along, so there's a nice and familiar RPG element there, and there's also lots of dungeon-like crawling and ancient mythology and huge numbers of NPCs to talk to, all with absolutely perfect (bar one character) dialogue and acting. Looking on the Wiki, the same actor has portrayed the lead for all five games in the series, from the mid-nineties to today, which is no mean feat for any PC franchise and another excellent sign of quality.

I was surprised at how short it all is though, and, once played there's very little replay value aside from a good 10 years later.

The main benefit of playing this game is the enjoyment of the sheer polish and care that has been taken to make the game smooth, bug-free and thoroughly entertaining, with good puzzling combined with not overly hard puzzling. Humor plays a big part and there's no shortage of genuinely good comedy.

Highly recommended as a nice 'breather' game for changing between massively epic RPGs, still keeping you in the RPG mind-set.

9/10 without doubt, but only by comparison to other short games of the type, not by comparison to a AAA 9/10. At only 12 hours, there is little point comparing it to any other modern AAA game standards.

Just finished Divinity: Original Sin

-> buy it, play it, enjoy it :)

Yea, yea, and... Your opinion...
x/10?

So you didn't enjoy chakram in Arcanum nor Ingress' teeth in PST?
"Bye then". :D

I should write a post about the game, but just can't force myself into it for whatever reason. It's just that so many things deserve to be mentioned as the game is full of good stuff. :(

Back
Top Bottom