KotOR 3 - More than just a rumour

In the list, KotOR and 'new MMO' are written as SEPERATE products so I believe its KotOR 3 and not an MMO. Indeed, 'new MMO' could very well still be set in Star Wars universe, but thats just a wild guess.

What a great week for RPG news. First, we see evidence that Divinity 2 is alive and well. Then, we hear that Mass Effect is PC-bound in only three months. Then, we find out that a Bioware-produced Kotor 3 might be on the way. All we need now is news of a Witcher sequel and we'll be all set.

What a great week for RPG news. First, we see evidence that Divinity 2 is alive and well. Then, we hear that Mass Effect is PC-bound in only three months. Then, we find out that a Bioware-produced Kotor 3 might be on the way. All we need now is news of a Witcher sequel and we'll be all set.

Indeed...I am almost overwhelmed! Mass Effect for PC wasnt really expected this soon! But there are less chances of Divinity 2 getting released this year. Also, KotOR 3 will first be released on XBOX 360, just like previous 2's. And althougt Witcher sequel is less likely, EXPANSION seems most likely...I think there was news related to that some time back...and its not being developed by CD Projeckt Red...

But honestly, I really wanted Obsidian to develop KotOR 3...oh well.

[OT plug]
Also, the Keep on the Borderland conversion demo of Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil has been released, and it's free for owners of the original game:
http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5764
I've been playing it for days and its lived up to my expectations. IMO, several aspects are better than the original.
[/OT plug]

I wish RPGWatch would throw up a quick review.

Support indy development!

Yes, that would have also been my favorite. But ok, it could have bceome worse.

It might be, that Obsidian fans could also be satisified with this week...

[OT plug]
Also, the Keep on the Borderland conversion demo of Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil has been released, and it's free for owners of the original game:
http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5764
I've been playing it for days and its lived up to my expectations. IMO, several aspects are better than the original.
[/OT plug]

I tried hard to forget ToEE after seeing its brilliant combat system and then knowing that I will never again see it on another game. This is a great news indeed! Its springtime in rpgland.

First of all, I hope you're assumptions are correct and it IS KOTOR 3.

But I don't see (in the screenshot) that it says all of those games are for PC. It could also be a handheld version of KOTOR.

Also they list Mercenaries 2 as just that...why would they not list it as KOTOR 3 if that's what it is?

I hope I'm wrong but I think everyone is getting excited for no reason.

Well I wondered if the news could get any better, and now in the RPG Codex forums there is a post from an Atari communication that says that another NWN 2 expansion pack is in the works.

Seems to be an interesting week for all RPG gamers. And for me personal there is gonna be another red alert. Pretty damn good week. I hope this will also include my exams at Friday. ;)

All I got to say is "Where do I go to pre-order?" :)

I wish RPGWatch would throw up a quick review.

Support indy development!

I think we support indie development pretty well but I'm sure that was a rally cry more than a plea.

On KotB, I'd rather review the whole game. I'm not a big fan of demo reviews and personally, but I'd be happy to publish any quality article someone writes. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to tackle it at the moment.

Hmm... while Kotor 1 had its bland, generic moments, like all Bio products have of late, it was far more polished, accessible, and "fun" than Kotor 2, at least from my perspective. I'm quite pleased the reins have been returned to Bioware on this one.

Hmm... while Kotor 1 had its bland, generic moments, like all Bio products have of late, it was far more polished, accessible, and "fun" than Kotor 2, at least from my perspective. I'm quite pleased the reins have been returned to Bioware on this one.

Surely, there is no doubt that KotOR 1 was mroe 'fun' than 2...I too think so myself. But now that I am spoiled with mature n dark take on star wars with KotOR 2, coupled with brillient dialogue by MCA, it would be silly go back to teen-romances of Bioware-ian style...still, as long as its 'fun', as most probably it should be, I guess I could adjust...not that I have any option too! :)

I think we support indie development pretty well but I'm sure that was a rally cry more than a plea.
Yes, that was my intention. :p

I realize now I should've written a little article myself as I explored the gameworld the first time. Maybe I will when I start a second party.

Back
Top Bottom