Planescape: Torment - Retro Road Test

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Surely one of the most re-reviewed games of all time, Aussie ISP Internode takes a look at PS:T in what they call a Retro Road Test:
Taking on the role of the Nameless One, a man who does not know who he is, or why he is alive, your job in Planescape: Torment is to find out why out why you cannot die. The game is unique in many ways – death is not the end, and in some cases, it is used as a way of advancing the story forward.

Unlike RPGs released around the same time, Planescape: Torment does not have a primary focus on combat. While there is probably enough fighting to satisfy die-hard AD&D fans, there is a whole lot of roleplaying to do in the game. This is backed up by excellent writing, with vivid descriptions of the NPC's actions, and appearances, all of which could not have been achieved by the graphics of the day.
More information.

Well ... never bad to keep calling attention to this classic. I'll surely have it on my 'netbook gamer' at some point ...

It's on my HD as I play it whenever I run out of things to do. Unfortunately, I've been rather busy lately.

I still haven't finished it. Played it with a friend around release, got stuck half-way in and never managed to get very far on following play-throughs. And now my semi grown-up life leaves me little room to play...

Wasn't very in-depth but yeah, great to keep calling attention to this gem.

Back
Top Bottom